What is NEMDAA 5mg Tablet used for?
NEMDAA 5mg Tablet is used for the treatment of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. It improves memory, awareness, and ability to perform daily functions in patients with Alzheimer’s disease.
NEMDAA 5mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does NEMDAA 5mg Tablet work?
NEMDAA 5mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor antagonists. The drug acts by blocking the action of glutamate and reduces abnormal activity in the brain.
How to take NEMDAA 5mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take NEMDAA 5mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of NEMDAA 5mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of NEMDAA 5mg Tablet may include:
- Trouble breathing
- Passing out
What are the drugs that interact with NEMDAA 5mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with NEMDAA 5mg Tablet include the following:
- Sodium bicarbonate
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of NEMDAA 5mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of NEMDAA 5mg Tablet:
- Body aches
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Swelling of face, throat or tongue
- Severe dizziness
- Irregular heartbeat
- Unusual weight gain or loss
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking NEMDAA 5mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to NEMDAA 5mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not exceed the dose more than prescribed.
- Be cautious while taking NEMDAA 5mg Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of NEMDAA 5mg Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if NEMDAA 5mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
You are advised not to take NEMDAA 5mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking NEMDAA 5mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver and kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about NEMDAA 5mg Tablet
- What is the recommended initial dose of NEMDAA 5mg Tablet?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while taking NEMDAA 5mg Tablet?
- What are the other formulations of NEMDAA 5mg Tablet available?
- I am on NEMDAA 5mg Tablet for dementia. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of NEMDAA 5mg Tablet?
The recommended initial dose of NEMDAA 5mg Tablet is 5 mg once daily. Please consult your doctor for dosage-related queries.
Use of NEMDAA 5mg Tablet may cause constipation. Therefore, you must take fiber-rich foods while on NEMDAA 5mg Tablet.
Apart from tablet form, NEMDAA 5mg Tablet is also available in as oral solution and capsule.
No. Do not stop using NEMDAA 5mg Tablet abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
No. It is not safe to change the dose of NEMDAA 5mg Tablet unless suggested by the doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.