NAZOMAC AF NASAL SPRAY 12ML
By MACLEODS PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD Prescription Needed
*Cashback validity: 31 days
*Cashback validity: 365 days
|Available substitute||2 substitute/s available|
Rs.261.50 (2% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is Azelastine + Fluticasone combination used for?
Azelastine + Fluticasone combination nasal spray is used to relieve nasal allergic symptoms, such as stuffy nose, running nose, itching and sneezing.
Azelastine + Fluticasone combination may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Azelastine + Fluticasone combination work?
In Azelastine + Fluticasone combination, Azelastine belongs to the class called anti-histamine drugs. It works by preventing the action of histamine, which is responsible for inflammation in the nasal and airway passages. Thus, it helps in decreasing the allergic symptoms.
Fluticasone belongs to the class called inhaled corticosteroids. It acts by blocking the release of histamines, which causes allergic reactions. Thus, it decreases inflammation and aids in breathing.
How to use Azelastine + Fluticasone combination?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use Azelastine + Fluticasone combination nasal spray as prescribed by your doctor.
- Insert the tip of the nasal spray bottle into the nostril gently. Breathe in slowly through the nostril. While breathing, squirt one spray into the nostril. Remove the bottle and breathe out through the mouth. Repeat the procedure with the other nostril.
If you miss a dose of Azelastine + Fluticasone combination, please use it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with Azelastine + Fluticasone combination?
Drugs that interact with Azelastine + Fluticasone combination are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Azelastine + Fluticasone combination?
The following are the most common side effects of Azelastine + Fluticasone combination:
- Nasal dryness
- Nasal congestion
- Pain in the nose
- Difficulty breathing
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Excessive nosebleeds
- Trouble swallowing
- Soreness in the throat
- White patches in the nose
- Swelling of the feet
- Increased urination
- Weight loss
- Vision problems
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using Azelastine + Fluticasone combination?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on Azelastine + Fluticasone
- Avoid using Azelastine + Fluticasone combination during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Avoid using Azelastine + Fluticasone combination in case of allergic reactions.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to use Azelastine + Fluticasone combination if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using Azelastine + Fluticasone combination?
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing liver, kidney or heart diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have any hypersensitivity to any of the drugs in Azelastine + Fluticasone
Frequently asked questions about Azelastine + Fluticasone combination
- Is it safe to consume alcohol while on Azelastine + Fluticasone combination?
- What are the overdose symptoms of Azelastine + Fluticasone combination?
- Is it safe to use Azelastine + Fluticasone combination while suffering from throat infection?
No, it is not advisable to consume alcohol while using Azelastine + Fluticasone combination as it may cause excessive drowsiness.
The overdose symptoms of Azelastine + Fluticasone combination include convulsions, tremors and decreased salivation.
Please consult your doctor before using Azelastine + Fluticasone combination if you have a throat infection.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.