|Out of stock|
Rs.62.00 (13% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is NAXDOM 500mg Tablet used for?
NAXDOM 500mg Tablet tablet is used for the treatment of the following:
- Acute gout
- Acute migraine attacks
- Acute musculoskeletal disorders
- Rheumatic disorders
NAXDOM 500mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does NAXDOM 500mg Tablet work?
In NAXDOM 500mg Tablet, Domperidone belongs to the class of drugs called anti-emetic drugs. It acts by blocking certain receptors which cause nausea and vomiting. It also acts at the gastric level to improve gastric emptying; thereby it helps to prevent emesis.
Naproxen belongs to the class of drugs called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. It acts on certain chemicals that cause pain and inflammation; thereby it helps to relieve pain and inflammation.
How to take NAXDOM 500mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take NAXDOM 500mg Tablet tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet.
If you miss a dose of NAXDOM 500mg Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with NAXDOM 500mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with NAXDOM 500mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of NAXDOM 500mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of NAXDOM 500mg Tablet:
- Dry mouth
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Irregular heartbeat
- Loss of appetite
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking NAXDOM 500mg Tablet?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to NAXDOM 500mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of NAXDOM 500mg Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if NAXDOM 500mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
- It is advised to take fiber-rich foods such as lentils, apples and oatmeal to prevent constipation.
You are advised not to take NAXDOM 500mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking NAXDOM 500mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of asthma and blood disorders.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about NAXDOM 500mg Tablet
- What are the contraindications of NAXDOM 500mg Tablet?
- How long can I NAXDOM 500mg Tablet
- How should NAXDOM 500mg Tablet be stored
NAXDOM 500mg Tablet is contraindicated in the patients with stomach or intestinal ulcers and kidney disorder.
It is advised to take NAXDOM 500mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor. Consult your doctor before stopping the medicine.
NAXDOM 500mg Tablet should be stored at room temperature (15 – 30°C) away from moisture and heat.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.