What is NASIVION 0.05% Adult Drops used for?
NASIVION 0.05% Adult Drops eye drops are used for the treatment of eye redness
NASIVION 0.05% Adult Drops nasal drop, nasal spray is used for the treatment of nasal congestion.
NASIVION 0.05% Adult Drops may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does NASIVION 0.05% Adult Drops work?
NASIVION 0.05% Adult Drops belongs to the classes of drugs called decongestants. The drug acts by constricting the blood vessels, thereby it provides relief from nasal congestion and reduces redness in eyes.
How to use NASIVION 0.05% Adult Drops?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use NASIVION 0.05% Adult Drops eye drops, nasal drops and nasal spray as prescribed by your doctor.
- Instil one or two eye drops into the conjunctival sac of the eye and close your eyes for at least 10 minutes. Do not allow the container tip to touch the eye or surrounding tissue.
- Insert the tip of the NASIVION 0.05% Adult Drops nasal spray bottle into the nostril gently. Then, breathe in slowly through the nostril. While breathing, squirt one spray into the nostril. Remove the bottle and breathe out through the mouth. Repeat the procedure as prescribed.
- For NASIVION 0.05% Adult Drops nasal drops , please follow the instructions provided in the leaflet.
If you miss a dose of NASIVION 0.05% Adult Drops, please use it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with NASIVION 0.05% Adult Drops?
Drugs that interact with NASIVION 0.05% Adult Drops include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of NASIVION 0.05% Adult Drops?
The following are the most common side effects of NASIVION 0.05% Adult Drops:
- Blurred vision
- High blood pressure
- Increase in runny or stuffy nose
- Trouble in sleeping
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Fast, irregular, or pounding heartbeat
- Increased blood pressure
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using NASIVION 0.05% Adult Drops?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to NASIVION 0.05% Adult Drops or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if NASIVION 0.05% Adult Drops causes dizziness and drowsiness.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of
- NASIVION 0.05% Adult Drops nasal drops should not be used for more than as prescribed by the doctor as it may worsen nasal congestion.
You are advised not to use NASIVION 0.05% Adult Drops if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using NASIVION 0.05% Adult Drops?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart/blood vessel disease, hyperthyroidism, diabetes, high blood pressure, difficulty urinating (due to enlarged prostate).
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked Questions about NASIVION 0.05% Adult Drops
- How should NASIVION 0.05% Adult Drops be stored?
- Can I recommend NASIVION 0.05% Adult Drops to others?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of NASIVION 0.05% Adult Drops?
NASIVION 0.05% Adult Drops should be stored at a temperature below 25° C away from sunlight, heat and moisture.
It is not advisable to recommend drugs to others as the severity of the condition and medical history is not the same for every individual.
It is not advisable to alter the dose prescribed. Consult your doctor for dose-related queries.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.