What is NAPROSYN Suspension used for?
NAPROSYN Suspension is used for the treatment of pain and inflammation caused due to arthritis, spondylitis and tendinitis. It is also recommended for the treatment of bursitis, gout and menstrual cramps.
NAPROSYN Suspension may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does NAPROSYN Suspension work?
NAPROSYN Suspension belongs to the class of drugs called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). This drug acts by inhibiting the synthesis of prostaglandins by blocking the action of cyclooxygenases (COX-1 and COX-2). Thus, it helps in reducing the pain and inflammation.
How to take NAPROSYN Suspension?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take NAPROSYN Suspension as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- For syrup dosage form, shake the suspension well to ensure the uniform mixing of the medicine. Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
If you miss a dose of NAPROSYN Suspension, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of NAPROSYN Suspension may include:
- Severe stomach pain
- Extreme drowsiness
What are the drugs that interact with NAPROSYN Suspension?
Drugs that interact with NAPROSYN Suspension include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of NAPROSYN Suspension?
The following are the most common side effects of NAPROSYN Suspension:
- Stomach upset
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Irregular heartbeat
- Double vision
- Difficulty in breathing
- Tightness in chest
- Rapid weight gain
- Bloody stools
- Coughing up blood
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking NAPROSYN Suspension?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to NAPROSYN Suspension or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of NAPROSYN Suspension.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if NAPROSYN Suspension causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid NAPROSYN Suspension during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is unknown.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than prescribed.
- Avoid taking aspirin while taking NAPROSYN Suspension.
You are advised not to take NAPROSYN Suspension if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking NAPROSYN Suspension?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver, kidney and respiratory diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked questions about NAPROSYN Suspension
- Is it safe to use NAPROSYN Suspension before undergoing any scheduled surgery?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking NAPROSYN Suspension?
- Can I take antacids while on NAPROSYN Suspension medication?
- What is the usual dose of NAPROSYN Suspension for treating muscle pain?
- Is it safe to use NAPROSYN Suspension in asthma patients?
Consult a doctor for the safe use of NAPROSYN Suspension before undergoing any scheduled surgery.
Yes, regular monitoring of blood pressure and liver function is advised while taking NAPROSYN Suspension.
Please consult your doctor before taking any antacid while on NAPROSYN Suspension medication, as it may interfere with the absorption of NAPROSYN Suspension.
The usual dose of NAPROSYN Suspension for muscle pain is 250 mg thrice a day. However, please consult your doctor for dosage-related queries.
No. NAPROSYN Suspension causes breathlessness and worsens the condition of asthma. Therefore, NAPROSYN Suspension is not advised in asthma patients.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.