NAFODIL 50mg Tablet 10's
By Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
(Max Rs.125) Extra Rs.50 cashback for Amazon Prime members. T&C Apply.
What is NAFODIL 50mg Tablet used for?
NAFODIL 50mg Tablet is used for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia, bladder cancer and prostate cancer.
NAFODIL 50mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does NAFODIL 50mg Tablet work?
NAFODIL 50mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called alpha blockers. This drug acts by inhibiting the action of norepinephrine that prevents the contraction of bladder muscles. It also increases the flow of blood to the muscles of bladder and prostate gland. Thus, it helps in relieving symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia.
How to take NAFODIL 50mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take NAFODIL 50mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of NAFODIL 50mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with NAFODIL 50mg Tablet?
NAFODIL 50mg Tablet may interact with Indapamide and its analogues. Consult your doctor for potential drug interactions.
What are the side effects of NAFODIL 50mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of NAFODIL 50mg Tablet:
- Increased palpitations
- Orthostatic hypotension
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Ejaculation problems
- Increased heart rate
- Urinary incontinence
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking NAFODIL 50mg Tablet?
- Avoid taking medicine if you are allergic to NAFODIL 50mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Consult the doctor before taking any other drug along with NAFODIL 50mg Tablet medicine.
- Be cautious while taking NAFODIL 50mg Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to take NAFODIL 50mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking NAFODIL 50mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of diabetes, hypertension and bladder cancer.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have a history of electrolyte imbalance and cardiac disorders.
- Inform your doctor if you have undergone any surgery or if you are scheduled for a surgery.
Frequently Asked questions about NAFODIL 50mg Tablet
- How much time does NAFODIL 50mg Tablet take to show its effect?
- I am on NAFODIL 50mg Tablet for benign prostatic hyperplasia. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of NAFODIL 50mg Tablet?
NAFODIL 50mg Tablet may take 2 – 3 weeks to relieve the symptoms associated with benign prostatic hyperplasia. If the symptoms do not subside even after 4 weeks, you must seek immediate medical care.
Consult the doctor before you stop the use of NAFODIL 50mg Tablet tablet, as you may only experience relief of the symptoms and not a complete cure.
Do not alter the dose of NAFODIL 50mg Tablet medicine without consulting the doctor as it may increase the risk of side effects.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.