NADROPAR 3800IU Injection
What is NADROPAR 3800IU Injection used for?
NADROPAR 3800IU Injection is used for the treatment of deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, unstable angina and non-Q wave myocardial infarction. It is also used to prevent clot formation during haemodialysis.
NADROPAR 3800IU Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does NADROPAR 3800IU Injection work?
NADROPAR 3800IU Injection belongs to the class of drugs called anti-coagulants. This drug acts by decreasing the clotting ability and reduces harmful blood clot formation in the blood vessels. Thus, it helps in preventing the formation of a clot.
How to administer NADROPAR 3800IU Injection ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
NADROPAR 3800IU Injection is available as an injection. Therefore, it should be administered only under medical supervision
If you miss a dose of NADROPAR 3800IU Injection , consult the doctor to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of NADROPAR 3800IU Injection may include:
- Bleeding (Internal and external)
- Dry skin
- Petechiae (brown or purple spots on the skin)
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with NADROPAR 3800IU Injection ?
Drugs that interact with NADROPAR 3800IU Injection include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of NADROPAR 3800IU Injection ?
The following are the most common side effects of NADROPAR 3800IU Injection :
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Severe bleeding
- Loss of vision
- Severe headache
- Speech impairment
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while receiving NADROPAR 3800IU Injection ?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to NADROPAR 3800IU Injection or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of NADROPAR 3800IU Injection .
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Avoid NADROPAR 3800IU Injection during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
You are advised not to use NADROPAR 3800IU Injection if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before receiving NADROPAR 3800IU Injection ?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of cardiovascular disorders, hypertension and decreased blood cell count.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- If you have to undergo any surgery or medical procedure, you must inform the doctor about the usage of NADROPAR 3800IU Injection .
- Inform the doctor if you have any history of allergic reaction with the usage of NADROPAR 3800IU Injection .
Frequently Asked questions about NADROPAR 3800IU Injection
- I am on NADROPAR 3800IU Injection for deep vein thrombosis (DVT). Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of NADROPAR 3800IU Injection ?
Do not alter the dose of NADROPAR 3800IU Injection injection without consulting the doctor. A change in the dose may increase the risk of bleeding.4.What foods should I avoid while receiving NADROPAR 3800IU Injection injection?
It is advised to avoid foods such as garlic, ginseng and evening primrose while using NADROPAR 3800IU Injection .5.Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking NADROPAR 3800IU Injection ?
Yes, it is advised to monitor your complete blood cell count and blood electrolyte levels while using NADROPAR 3800IU Injection injection.
Please consult the doctor before you stop the use of NADROPAR 3800IU Injection . Depending on the condition the doctor may extend or discontinue the use of NADROPAR 3800IU Injection .2.How should NADROPAR 3800IU Injection be stored?
Store NADROPAR 3800IU Injection injection at room temperature (15 – 30?C). Do not refrigerate or freeze the drug.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.