What is MYSER 250mg Capsule used for?
MYSER 250mg Capsule capsule/tablet is used for the treatment of tuberculosis and urinary tract infections.
MYSER 250mg Capsule may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does MYSER 250mg Capsule work?
MYSER 250mg Capsule belongs to the class of drugs called antibiotics. The drug acts by inhibiting the bacterial cell wall synthesis by binding to certain enzymes, thereby killing the bacteria. Thus, it reduces the infection.
How to take MYSER 250mg Capsule?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take MYSER 250mg Capsule capsule/tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet/capsule Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of MYSER 250mg Capsule, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of MYSER 250mg Capsule include the following:
- Tingling of skin
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with MYSER 250mg Capsule?
Drugs that interact with MYSER 250mg Capsule include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of MYSER 250mg Capsule?
The following are the most common side effects of MYSER 250mg Capsule:
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Pale skin
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking MYSER 250mg Capsule?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to MYSER 250mg Capsule or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of MYSER 250mg Capsule.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if MYSER 250mg Capsule causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid MYSER 250mg Capsule during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop taking the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
You are advised not to take MYSER 250mg Capsule if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking MYSER 250mg Capsule?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about MYSER 250mg Capsule
- How should MYSER 250mg Capsule be stored?
- Is it safe to receive any vaccine while taking MYSER 250mg Capsule?
- Can MYSER 250mg Capsule be used for treating common cold?
MYSER 250mg Capsule should be stored at room temperature away from heat, light and moisture.
No. It is advised not to receive any vaccine while taking MYSER 250mg Capsule, as it reduces the effect of the vaccine.
No. MYSER 250mg Capsule is not recommended in the treatment of common cold.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.