MYCAMINE 50mg Injection
By Glaxosmithkline Pharmaceuticals Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is MYCAMINE 50mg Injection used for?
MYCAMINE 50mg Injection is used for the treatment of fungal infections. It is also recommended for the prevention of fungal infection after stem-cell transplantation.
MYCAMINE 50mg Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does MYCAMINE 50mg Injection work?
MYCAMINE 50mg Injection belongs to the class of drugs called echinocandins. This drug acts by inhibiting the synthesis of the fungal cell wall and prevents the growth of fungi.
How to administer MYCAMINE 50mg Injection ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
MYCAMINE 50mg Injection injection is administered intravenously under the medical supervision.
If you miss a dose of MYCAMINE 50mg Injection , please consult the doctor immediately.
The overdose symptoms of MYCAMINE 50mg Injection may include:
- Passing out
- Trouble in breathing
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with MYCAMINE 50mg Injection ?
Drugs that interact with MYCAMINE 50mg Injection include the following:
- Amphotericin B
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of MYCAMINE 50mg Injection ?
The following are the most common side effects of MYCAMINE 50mg Injection :
- Trouble in falling asleep
- Abdominal pain
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Shortness of breath
- Unusual bleeding
- Weight gain
- Irregular heartbeat
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while receiving MYCAMINE 50mg Injection ?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to MYCAMINE 50mg Injection or similar drugs.
- Avoid MYCAMINE 50mg Injection during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Be cautious while receiving MYCAMINE 50mg Injection if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
What should you tell your doctor before receiving MYCAMINE 50mg Injection ?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver, kidney or respiratory diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked questions about MYCAMINE 50mg Injection
- Is it safe to use MYCAMINE 50mg Injection in diabetic patients?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while using MYCAMINE 50mg Injection ?
- Is it safe to use MYCAMINE 50mg Injection in patients with a history of anaemia?
- How long can I receive MYCAMINE 50mg Injection ?
- Is it common to experience redness and inflammation at the site of MYCAMINE 50mg Injection injection?
No. It is not safe to use MYCAMINE 50mg Injection in diabetic patients
Blood tests, kidney and liver function tests must be regularly monitored while using MYCAMINE 50mg Injection .
No. It is not safe to use MYCAMINE 50mg Injection in patients with a history of anaemia.
The duration of treatment with MYCAMINE 50mg Injection depends on the severity of the medical condition, response to the treatment and other medications.
Yes. Redness and inflammation are the common side effects of MYCAMINE 50mg Injection injection. However, notify the doctor if the condition persists.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.