Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
What is MOSID OD Tablet used for?
MOSID OD Tablet is used for the treatment of acid reflux, indigestion, irritable bowel syndrome and conditions associated with decreased gastrointestinal motility.
MOSID OD Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does MOSID OD Tablet work?
MOSID OD Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called as the prokinetic agents. This drug acts by stimulating the release of acetylcholine and increasing the gastrointestinal motility.
How to take MOSID OD Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take MOSID OD Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of MOSID OD Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with MOSID OD Tablet?
Erythromycin is known to interact with MOSID OD Tablet. Consult the doctor for potential drug interactions.
What are the side effects of MOSID OD Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of MOSID OD Tablet:
- Dry mouth
- Abdominal pain
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking MOSID OD Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to MOSID OD Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Consult the doctor before taking any other drug along with MOSID OD Tablet.
You are advised not to take MOSID OD Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking MOSID OD Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of gastro-intestinal ulcers, kidney and liver diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about MOSID OD Tablet
- What is the standard dose of MOSID OD Tablet?
- Can I drive after using MOSID OD Tablet?
- How should MOSID OD Tablet be stored?
- Is it safe to use MOSID OD Tablet during pregnancy?
The recommended dose of MOSID OD Tablet is 5 mg three times a day.
If you experience drowsiness after using MOSID OD Tablet, you should avoid driving or operating heavy machinery.
MOSID OD Tablet must be stored at room temperature, away from sunlight.
Safety information regarding the usage of MOSID OD Tablet during pregnancy is still unknown. However, please consult the doctor before using any drug during pregnancy.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.