Rs.27.00 (36% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is MOSID MT 5mg Tablet used for?
MOSID MT 5mg Tablet is used for the treatment of acid reflux, indigestion, irritable bowel syndrome and conditions associated with decreased gastrointestinal motility.
MOSID MT 5mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does MOSID MT 5mg Tablet work?
MOSID MT 5mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called as the prokinetic agents. This drug acts by stimulating the release of acetylcholine and increasing the gastrointestinal motility.
How to take MOSID MT 5mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take MOSID MT 5mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of MOSID MT 5mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with MOSID MT 5mg Tablet?
Erythromycin is known to interact with MOSID MT 5mg Tablet. Consult the doctor for potential drug interactions.
What are the side effects of MOSID MT 5mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of MOSID MT 5mg Tablet:
- Dry mouth
- Abdominal pain
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking MOSID MT 5mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to MOSID MT 5mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Consult the doctor before taking any other drug along with MOSID MT 5mg Tablet.
You are advised not to take MOSID MT 5mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking MOSID MT 5mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of gastro-intestinal ulcers, kidney and liver diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about MOSID MT 5mg Tablet
- What is the standard dose of MOSID MT 5mg Tablet?
- Can I drive after using MOSID MT 5mg Tablet?
- How should MOSID MT 5mg Tablet be stored?
- Is it safe to use MOSID MT 5mg Tablet during pregnancy?
The recommended dose of MOSID MT 5mg Tablet is 5 mg three times a day.
If you experience drowsiness after using MOSID MT 5mg Tablet, you should avoid driving or operating heavy machinery.
MOSID MT 5mg Tablet must be stored at room temperature, away from sunlight.
Safety information regarding the usage of MOSID MT 5mg Tablet during pregnancy is still unknown. However, please consult the doctor before using any drug during pregnancy.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.