- Lab Tests
- Health Corner
MORR F 3% SOLUTION contains Finasteride and Minoxidil, which belongs to the group of medicines called 5-Alpha reductase inhibitors and vasodilators respectively. It is used to treat male pattern baldness and helps to stimulate hair growth in such cases when applied directly to the affected area. Male pattern baldness (also known as androgenetic alopecia) is a common type of hair loss condition that primarily affects the hair present in the crown and the front portion of the scalp.
Hair loss is caused mainly due to hormonal imbalance and is characterized by baldness and thinning of the hair. MORR F 3% SOLUTION is only used to treat mild to moderate hair loss problems, and not complete hair loss.
MORR F 3% SOLUTION is not recommended for use by patients with a pattern of hair loss that differs from a receding hairline and crown balding, where there is no family history of hair loss, have total baldness or complete loss of all body hair, have inflamed, infected, irritated or painful scalp, have any condition that affects your scalp such as sunburn and psoriasis and are currently taking other medications that are being applied on the scalp. MORR F 3% SOLUTION is not recommended for use in pregnant women and children and adolescents (below 18 years). Consult your doctor for a proper physical examination of the scalp before using.
The most common side effects of applying MORR F 3% SOLUTION are headache, itching of the scalp, rash, burning sensation and excessive hair growth. Consult your doctor in case any of the side effects worsen or persist for a long.
It is used to treat men and women with common hereditary hair loss (also called androgenetic alopecia on the scalp (head).
MORR F 3% SOLUTION is a combination drug of Finasteride and Minoxidil. Finasteride reduces hair fall by blocking the production of certain stress hormones (dihydrotestosterone) in the body, which are responsible for causing hair loss and other prostate problems in men. As a result, it reduces hair loss, reverses the balding process, and prevents further hair loss in men. Minoxidil helps to regrow hair and stabilize hair loss in men with a receding hairline and head balding by the revitalization of hair follicles. Revitalization of hair follicles is by its vasodilatory action that helps to increase the blood flow when applied to the scalp. This increased blood flow helps to provide more nutrition and oxygen to the hair follicles thus preventing hair cell death and enhancing new hair growth.
Apply MORR F 3% SOLUTION as advised by your doctor. For external use only. Gently massage the scalp after applying for the medicine. Your doctor will decide the correct dose and duration for you depending on your age, body weight and disease condition.
Stop using MORR F 3% SOLUTION and contact your doctor immediately if you experience any of the following side effects:
Drink an ample amount of water. Get adequate rest. Try to be relaxed and stress-free. Consult your doctor regarding your symptoms and take medicine accordingly.
MORR F 3% SOLUTION is not recommended for use in pregnant women. Consult your doctor before using.
MORR F 3% SOLUTION is not recommended for use in breastfeeding women. Consult your doctor before using.
Do not drive or operate any machines if you feel dizzy or experience low blood pressure after using MORR F 3% SOLUTION. Consult a doctor before using MORR F 3% SOLUTION.
MORR F 3% SOLUTION must be used with caution in patients with liver problems. Consult your doctor before using MORR F 3% SOLUTION.
Do not apply MORR F 3% SOLUTION if you are allergic to Finasteride or Minoxidil or any of the ingredients present in the medicine. Consult a doctor before using MORR F 3% SOLUTION.
MORR F 3% SOLUTION is not recommended in patients suffering from high blood pressure and must be used with caution in patients suffering from abnormal heart rhythms or rates, chest pains, and/or circulation disorders. Consult your doctor before using.
Before taking MORR F 3% SOLUTION, inform your doctor if you:
Use in pediatrics:
MORR F 3% SOLUTION is not recommended for children and adolescents (below 18 years) due to a lack of safety data. Consult your doctor before taking.
Use in geriatrics:
MORR F 3% SOLUTION is not recommended for use in elders above 65 years of age. Consult your doctor before taking it.
A. Drug-Drug interactions:
Before using this medicine, inform your doctor if you are taking any of the following medicine
If you or anyone else accidentally use too much of [GBNKEYWORD on a larger area of skin or an area other than the scalp or damaged skin (due to trauma, inflammation or a diseased condition), it may cause, a systemic effect then contacts your doctor immediately. Symptoms of MORR F 3% SOLUTION overdose include cardiovascular reactions such as low blood pressure, rapid heart rate and lethargy.
|Pharmacological Category||:||Type II 5-alpha reductase inhibitors, Vasodilators|
|Therapeutic Indication||:||Hereditary hair loss|
|Dosage Forms||:||Topical Solution, Solution, Spray, Gel, Serum|
Can MORR F 3% SOLUTION regrow hair?
Yes, MORR F 3% SOLUTION contains Finasteride which helps in hair growth and prevent hair loss in adults above 18 years of age and below 65 years of age. Consult your doctor before using it.
How to use MORR F 3% SOLUTION?
Always use MORR F 3% SOLUTION as directed by your physician. It is for external use only. This medicine is for use on the normal healthy scalp only. Apply MORR F 3% SOLUTION directly on dry scalp and hair. Do not use it on inflamed, infected, irritated or painful scalp skin. Do not apply to any other part of the body. Avoid contact with your eyes. Your doctor will decide the required dose and duration of MORR F 3% SOLUTION for you as per your age and disease condition.
Can MORR F 3% SOLUTION cause loss of hair after using?
In the first couple of months, MORR F 3% SOLUTION may cause increased hair shedding after use in some individuals. There is a temporary increase in the shedding of hair that generally occurs between 2 and 6 weeks after the start of treatment and then decreases. If increased shedding continues after 6 weeks of MORR F 3% SOLUTION use, consult your doctor.
How long will it take for MORR F 3% SOLUTION to stop hair loss?
Hair loss is a condition that develops over a long period. It has been found that daily use of MORR F 3% SOLUTION for three to six months may be necessary before you notice any increase in hair density or reduction in hair loss. Your doctor will help you to assess for how long MORR F 3% SOLUTION must be used.
Can MORR F 3% SOLUTION be taken by patients below 18 years?
No, MORR F 3% SOLUTION is not recommended for children and adolescents (below 18 years) due to a lack of safety data.
Can I use MORR F 3% SOLUTION without consulting a doctor?
No, proper doctor consultation along with hair and scalp examination is must before using MORR F 3% SOLUTION.
1. KD Tripathi. Androgens and Drugs for Erectile Dysfunction. Essentials of medical pharmacology. Seventh edition. 2013. Page – 302-303.
2. Briggs GG, Freeman RK, editors. A Reference Guide to Fetal and Neonatal Risk: Drugs in Pregnancy and Lactation. 10th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer Health; 2015. Page – 2592-2596.
3. Roberts JL, Fiedler V, Imperato-McGinley J, Whiting D, Olsen E et al. Clinical dose ranging studies with finasteride, a type 2 5alpha-reductase inhibitor, in men with male pattern hair loss. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. October 1999. [Accessed on 23rd Oct 2022] https://www.jaad.org/article/S0190-9622(99)80052-8/pdf
4. Lee, Sung Won, et al. A systematic review of topical finasteride in the treatment of androgenetic alopecia in men and women. Journal of drugs in dermatology (2019) [Accessed on 23rd Oct 2022] https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6609098/
5. Hajheydari, Zohreh, et al. "Comparing the therapeutic effects of finasteride gel and tablet in treatment of the androgenetic alopecia. Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology (2009). [Accessed on 23rd Oct 2022] http://bioline.org.br/pdf?dv09011
6. Gupta, Aditya K., and Mesbah Talukder. "Topical finasteride for male and female pattern hair loss: Is it a safe and effective alternative?" Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology (2022). [Accessed on 23rd Oct 2022] https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/jocd.14895
7. Janssen-Cilag.[Revised in November 2021] [Accessed on 23rd Oct 2022] https://www.ravimiregister.ee/Data/PIL_ENG/PIL_8824_ENG.pdf
8. Janssen-Cilag. [Revised in November 2020] [Accessed on 23rd Oct 2022] https://www.regaine.co.uk/sites/regaine_uk/files/pil.102.pdf
9. Minoxidil. Package leaflet. [Revised in July 2018] [Accessed on 23rd Oct 2022] https://docetp.mpa.se/LMF/Rogaine%20cutaneous%20foam%20ENG%20PL_09001bee807a80a1.pdf
10. Wrafton Laboratories Limited. Electronic Medicine Compendium (EMC). [Revised in April 2017] [Accessed on 23rd Oct 2022] https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.8303.pdf
11. PROEL Pharmaceutical Industry. [Revised in December 2012] [Accessed on 23rd Oct 2022] https://www.targetpharma.gr/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Minoxidil_Target_EN_PIL_2661901_v4_en.pdf
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.