MONTEK AB Tablet 10's
By Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is MONTEK AB Tablet used for?
MONTEK AB Tablet tablet is used for the treatment of asthma.MONTEK AB Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does MONTEK AB Tablet work?
In MONTEK AB Tablet, Acebrophylline belongs to the class of drugs called mucolytic drugs. The drug acts by loosening the mucous and also inhibits certain chemicals responsible for inflammation.
Montelukast belongs to the class of drugs called anti-histamine & anti-allergic drugs. The drug acts by inhibiting certain chemicals that cause inflammation, thereby preventing asthma.
How to take MONTEK AB Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take MONTEK AB Tablet tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet.
If you miss a dose of MONTEK AB Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with MONTEK AB Tablet?
Drugs that interact with MONTEK AB Tablet are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of MONTEK AB Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of MONTEK AB Tablet:
- Stomach pain
- Skin rash
- Blurred vision
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Suicidal thinking and behaviour
- Churg-Strauss syndrome
- Difficulty in breathing
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Increased heartbeat
- Gastrointestinal Bleeding
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking MONTEK AB Tablet?
- Avoid alcohol consumption while taking MONTEK AB Tablet.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if MONTEK AB Tablet causes drowsiness or blurred vision
You are advised not to take MONTEK AB Tablet if
- It has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- The foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking MONTEK AB Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breast feeding while taking MONTEK AB Tablet
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to MONTEK AB Tablet or similar drugs.
Frequently Asked questions about MONTEK AB Tablet
- Can I recommend MONTEK AB Tablet to a geriatric patient?
- How should MONTEK AB Tablet be stored?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of the MONTEK AB Tablet?
No, it is not advisable to recommend drugs to geriatric patients without doctor’s consent. The severity of the condition may not be the same for every individual.
MONTEK AB Tablet should be stored at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
No, it is not advisable to alter the prescribed dose. Consult your doctor for dose-related queries.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.