MONOGUARD CREAM 10GM
By MICRO LABS PVT LTD
*Cashback validity: 31 days
*Cashback validity: 365 days
No top generic available
What is Sertaconazole used for?
Sertaconazole cream, lotion, powder, tablet is used in the treatment of fungal infections of the skin, such as athlete’s foot.
Sertaconazole may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Sertaconazole work?
Sertaconazole belongs to the class of drugs called anti-fungal drugs. It acts by inhibiting the synthesis of certain chemicals, thereby it helps in preventing the growth of fungus.
How to use Sertaconazole?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use Sertaconazole cream, lotion, powder, tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Wash and dry the affected area. Apply a thin layer of Sertaconazole cream/lotion over the affected area and rub gently.
- Apply Sertaconazole powder on the affected area.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet.
If you miss a dose of Sertaconazole, please use it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with Sertaconazole?
Consult your doctor for potential drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Sertaconazole?
The following are the most common side effects of Sertaconazole:
- Dry skin
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Severe irritation
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using Sertaconazole?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to Sertaconazole or similar drugs.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
You are advised not to use Sertaconazole
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using Sertaconazole?
- Tell your doctor if you have a history of any skin diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you become pregnant while taking Sertaconazole tablet.
Frequently Asked Questions about Sertaconazole
- Is it safe to apply daily moisturizer while using Sertaconazole?
- How should Sertaconazole be stored?
- Is it common to develop skin infection while using Sertaconazole?
- Can I use Sertaconazole to treat impetigo?
Consult a doctor before using moisturizer as it may cause drug reactions, such as burning at the site of application, skin irritation, and redness.
Sertaconazole should be stored at room temperature (20 – 25OC) away from sunlight, heat and moisture.
Yes, a few people may develop skin infections while using Sertaconazole. However, please consult your doctor if you experience any such infections.
No, Sertaconazole is only used to treat fungal infections. Please consult your doctor for appropriate medication in case of bacterial infections.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.