What is MONLEZ Tablet used for?
MONLEZ Tablet is used for the treatment of nasal and sinus congestion.
MONLEZ Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does MONLEZ Tablet work?
In MONLEZ Tablet, Levocetirizine belongs to the class of drugs called anti-histamines. This drug acts by inhibiting the activity at H1receptor sites. Thus, it decreases the symptoms of nasal allergies.
Pseudoephedrine belongs to the class of drugs called decongestants. This drug acts by stimulating certain adrenergic receptors, which results in vasoconstriction, increased heart rate and also relaxation of bronchial muscles.
How to take MONLEZ Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take MONLEZ Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet.
If you miss a dose of MONLEZ Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of MONLEZ Tablet may include:
- Increased heart rate
- Severe drowsiness
- Shallow breathing
What are the drugs that interact with MONLEZ Tablet?
Drugs that interact with MONLEZ Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of MONLEZ Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of MONLEZ Tablet:
- Trouble in sleeping
- Dry mouth
- Unusual tiredness
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Trouble in breathing
- Irregular heartbeat
- Difficulty in urinating
- Allergic reactions
- Abdominal pain
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking MONLEZ Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to MONLEZ Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if the drug causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of the drug.
- Keep the medicine away from the reach of children.
You are advised not to take Levocetirizine+Pseudoephedrine if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking MONLEZ Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart disease, diabetes or a thyroid disorder.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked questions about MONLEZ Tablet
- How should MONLEZ Tablet be stored?
- How long can I take MONLEZ Tablet?
- Can I share MONLEZ Tablet with others?
- What should I avoid while on MONLEZ Tablet?
- Can I take MONLEZ Tablet during pregnancy?
MONLEZ Tablet must be stored at room temperature (25 – 30OC), away from light and moisture.
MONLEZ Tablet medication should be taken for the prescribed duration.
No. MONLEZ Tablet medication should only be used by the person for whom it is prescribed.
Supplement pills of caffeine should be avoided while on MONLEZ Tablet medication.
The safe use of MONLEZ Tablet medication in pregnant women is not yet established. Please consult your doctor before using the drug.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.