MONIT GTN 2.6mg Tablet 30's
By Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
Rs.137.94 (5% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is MONIT GTN 2.6mg Tablet used for?
MONIT GTN 2.6mg Tablet is an organic nitrate medicine, which is used for the prevention of angina. It is also used for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Acute decompensated heart failure (ADHF)
- Chronic anal fissures
MONIT GTN 2.6mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does MONIT GTN 2.6mg Tablet work?
MONIT GTN 2.6mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called nitrate vasodilators, which works by releasing nitric oxide. Release of nitric oxide activates certain enzymes that help in relaxing the vascular smooth muscles and improving the blood flow.
How to use MONIT GTN 2.6mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
MONIT GTN 2.6mg Tablet medicine is available as capsule, injection, ointment, patch and tablet.
- Swallow the tablet/capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule. MONIT GTN 2.6mg Tablet tablet/capsule should be taken on an empty stomach or at least 1 to 2 hours before a meal.
- MONIT GTN 2.6mg Tablet injection should be administered only under medical supervision.
- Apply MONIT GTN 2.6mg Tablet ointment as a thin layer over the affected area.
- Use MONIT GTN 2.6mg Tablet patch on a dry and clean skin.
What are the drugs that interact with MONIT GTN 2.6mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with MONIT GTN 2.6mg Tablet include the following:
- Isosorbide Dinitrate
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of MONIT GTN 2.6mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of MONIT GTN 2.6mg Tablet:
- Decreased blood pressure
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Loss of consciousness
- Increased heartbeat
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions MONIT GTN 2.6mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to MONIT GTN 2.6mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on MONIT GTN 2.6mg Tablet.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of MONIT GTN 2.6mg Tablet.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while using MONIT GTN 2.6mg Tablet if you have any kidney impairment.
What should you tell your doctor before using MONIT GTN 2.6mg Tablet?
- Inform the doctor if you have a history of kidney or liver problem, severe low blood pressure, migraine or anaemia.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about MONIT GTN 2.6mg Tablet
- Is it safe to use MONIT GTN 2.6mg Tablet in my 10-year-old child?
- How should MONIT GTN 2.6mg Tablet be stored?
- What are the other formulations available for MONIT GTN 2.6mg Tablet?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while using MONIT GTN 2.6mg Tablet?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of MONIT GTN 2.6mg Tablet?
No. MONIT GTN 2.6mg Tablet medicine should not be used in children below 18 years of age.
Store the drug at room temperature and avoid exposure to sunlight and moisture.
MONIT GTN 2.6mg Tablet medicine is available as capsule, ointment, injection, patch and tablet.
Yes. Functioning of the heart should be monitored while using MONIT GTN 2.6mg Tablet medicine.
No. Do not alter the dose of MONIT GTN 2.6mg Tablet medicine. Consult your doctor if you have any problem with the dose.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.