MOMATE Ointment 15gm
By Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
Rs.141.00 (33% Savings)
Rs.170.00 (19% Savings)
Rs.173.00 (17% Savings)
Rs.195.00 (7% Savings)
Rs.196.00 (6% Savings)
What is MOMATE Ointment used for?
MOMATE Ointment is used for the treatment of following skin conditions:
- Skin irritation
MOMATE Ointment may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does MOMATE Ointment work?
MOMATE Ointment belongs to the class of drugs called corticosteroids. The drug acts by inhibiting the production of inflammatory mediators, such as prostaglandins and leukotrienes. Thus, it helps in suppressing the inflammation.
How to apply MOMATE Ointment?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use MOMATE Ointment as prescribed by your doctor.
- Before applying the medication, make sure that the area to be treated is clean and dry.
- Apply a thin layer of Mometasone furoate on the affected area and rub it gently.
The overdose symptoms of MOMATE Ointment may include:
- Skin irritation
- Skin burn
What are the drugs that interact with MOMATE Ointment?
Omacetaxine is the only drug that may interact with Mometasone furoate. Please consult your doctor for potential drug interactions.
What are the side effects of MOMATE Ointment?
The following are the most common side effects of MOMATE Ointment:
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Skin irritation
- Loss of elasticity
- Darkened skin
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using MOMATE Ointment?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to MOMATE Ointment or similar drugs.
- Keep the medication away from the reach of children.
- Do not use MOMATE Ointment for a longer duration than prescribed.
- Do not use MOMATE Ointment medication on the face or genital areas.
- Be cautious while using MOMATE Ointment over chronic skin infections.
- Avoid using the medication over dressings, bandages.
What should you tell your doctor before using MOMATE Ointment?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of skin diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell your doctor if you have a sensitive skin.
- Inform your doctor before using MOMATE Ointment medication in children.
Frequently Asked questions about MOMATE Ointment
- Is it safe to apply MOMATE Ointment over a damaged skin?
- Can MOMATE Ointment be used to treat diaper rash?
- Is it common to experience swelling or redness while using MOMATE Ointment medication?
- How long can MOMATE Ointment be used?
- Is it safe to use a larger dose of MOMATE Ointment for faster recovery?
Avoid using MOMATE Ointment over cuts, wounds, irritated and damaged skin. Please consult your doctor.
No. Do not use MOMATE Ointment to treat a diaper rash. Please consult your doctor.
Swelling and redness of the skin are common side effects of MOMATE Ointment. However, consult your doctor immediately if the symptoms persist or worsens.
MOMATE Ointment should not be used for more than 3 weeks. Please consult your doctor for further information.
No. Avoid using a larger dose of the medication as it may lead to skin burn or peeling of skin. Please consult your doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.