MIRTADEP 15mg Tablet 10's
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is MIRTADEP 15mg Tablet used for?
MIRTADEP 15mg Tablet is used for the treatment of the major depressive disorder.
MIRTADEP 15mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does MIRTADEP 15mg Tablet work?
MIRTADEP 15mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called anti-depressants. The drug acts by inhibiting certain receptors and enhancing the effect of neurotransmitters in the brain. Thus, it helps in relieving depression.
How to take MIRTADEP 15mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take MIRTADEP 15mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug at least 1 hour before bedtime.
If you miss a dose of MIRTADEP 15mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of MIRTADEP 15mg Tablet may include:
- Memory loss
- Severe drowsiness
What are the drugs that interact with MIRTADEP 15mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with MIRTADEP 15mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of MIRTADEP 15mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of MIRTADEP 15mg Tablet:
- Dry mouth
- Increased appetite
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Chest pain
- Increased heartbeat
- Changes in vision
- Severe dizziness
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking MIRTADEP 15mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to MIRTADEP 15mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if MIRTADEP 15mg Tablet causes severe drowsiness or blurred vision.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of MIRTADEP 15mg Tablet medicine.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on MIRTADEP 15mg Tablet medication.
- Avoid taking MIRTADEP 15mg Tablet medication if you have used monoamine oxidase inhibitors in past 2 weeks.
- Consult your doctor before taking MIRTADEP 15mg Tablet medicine during breastfeeding.
- Avoid the use of MIRTADEP 15mg Tablet medication in individuals below 18 years of age.
- Be cautious while taking MIRTADEP 15mg Tablet medicine if you have any history of enlarged prostate gland.
- Inform your doctor if you experience anxiety or suicidal thoughts.
You are advised not to take MIRTADEP 15mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking MIRTADEP 15mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver or kidney disease, glaucoma or seizures.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell your doctor if you have high cholesterol levels or triglycerides.
Frequently Asked questions about MIRTADEP 15mg Tablet
- Is it common to gain weight while taking MIRTADEP 15mg Tablet medicine?
- How should MIRTADEP 15mg Tablet be stored?
- Is it safe to use MIRTADEP 15mg Tablet medication in geriatric patients?
- Is it safe to take MIRTADEP 15mg Tablet medication during pregnancy?
Yes. Increased appetite is one of the most common side effects of MIRTADEP 15mg Tablet medication, which results in weight gain.
MIRTADEP 15mg Tablet should be stored at room temperature, away from heat, light and excess moisture. Keep the medication away from the reach of children.
Consult your doctor before using MIRTADEP 15mg Tablet medication in older adults as they are more sensitive in developing the side effects.
Avoid taking MIRTADEP 15mg Tablet medicine during last trimester of pregnancy as the newborn may develop breathing difficulties, seizures or muscle stiffness. Please consult your doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.