MIRTADEP 15MG TABLET 10'S
By UNICHEM LABORATORIES LTD Prescription Needed
*Cashback validity: 31 days
*Cashback validity: 365 days
No top generic available
|Available substitute||3 substitute/s available|
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is Mirtazapine used for?
Mirtazapine is used for the treatment of the major depressive disorder.
Mirtazapine may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Mirtazapine work?
Mirtazapine belongs to the class of drugs called anti-depressants. The drug acts by inhibiting certain receptors and enhancing the effect of neurotransmitters in the brain. Thus, it helps in relieving depression.
How to take Mirtazapine?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take Mirtazapine as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug at least 1 hour before bedtime.
If you miss a dose of Mirtazapine, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of Mirtazapine may include:
- Memory loss
- Severe drowsiness
What are the drugs that interact with Mirtazapine?
Drugs that interact with Mirtazapine include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Mirtazapine?
The following are the most common side effects of Mirtazapine:
- Dry mouth
- Increased appetite
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Chest pain
- Increased heartbeat
- Changes in vision
- Severe dizziness
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking Mirtazapine?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to Mirtazapine or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if Mirtazapine causes severe drowsiness or blurred vision.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of Mirtazapine medicine.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on Mirtazapine medication.
- Avoid taking Mirtazapine medication if you have used monoamine oxidase inhibitors in past 2 weeks.
- Consult your doctor before taking Mirtazapine medicine during breastfeeding.
- Avoid the use of Mirtazapine medication in individuals below 18 years of age.
- Be cautious while taking Mirtazapine medicine if you have any history of enlarged prostate gland.
- Inform your doctor if you experience anxiety or suicidal thoughts.
You are advised not to take Mirtazapine if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking Mirtazapine?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver or kidney disease, glaucoma or seizures.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell your doctor if you have high cholesterol levels or triglycerides.
Frequently asked questions about Mirtazapine
- Is it common to gain weight while taking Mirtazapine medicine?
- How should Mirtazapine be stored?
- Is it safe to use Mirtazapine medication in geriatric patients?
- Is it safe to take Mirtazapine medication during pregnancy?
Yes. Increased appetite is one of the most common side effects of Mirtazapine medication, which results in weight gain.
Mirtazapine should be stored at room temperature, away from heat, light and excess moisture. Keep the medication away from the reach of children.
Consult your doctor before using Mirtazapine medication in older adults as they are more sensitive in developing the side effects.
Avoid taking Mirtazapine medicine during last trimester of pregnancy as the newborn may develop breathing difficulties, seizures or muscle stiffness. Please consult your doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.