By Cadila Healthcare Ltd (Zydus) Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
(Max Rs.125) Extra Rs.50 cashback for Amazon Prime members. T&C Apply.
What is MIRENA Injection used for?
MIRENA Injection injection is used as a birth control medication to prevent pregnancy.
MIRENA Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does MIRENA Injection work?
MIRENA Injection belongs to the class of drugs called contraceptive agents. MIRENA Injection acts by decreasing the release of gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) from hypothalamus by binding to the target receptors of oestrogen and progesterone.
How to administer MIRENA Injection ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
MIRENA Injection is available as injection. Therefore, it should be administered only under the medical supervision.
If you miss a dose of MIRENA Injection , consult your doctor immediately.
The overdose symptoms of MIRENA Injection may include:
- Trouble in breathing
- Severe nausea
What are the drugs that interact with MIRENA Injection ?
Drugs that interact with MIRENA Injection include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of MIRENA Injection ?
The following are the most common side effects of MIRENA Injection :
- Abdominal pain
- Menstrual bleeding
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Breast pain or tenderness
- Heavy menstrual bleeding
- Trouble in breathing
- Severe dizziness
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while receiving MIRENA Injection ?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to MIRENA Injection or similar drugs.
- Do not use MIRENA Injection if you are already pregnant.
- Do not administer MIRENA Injection if there is abnormal vaginal bleeding.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of MIRENA Injection .
What should you tell your doctor before receiving MIRENA Injection ?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of breast cancer.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell your doctor if you ever had a history of ectopic pregnancy.
- Inform the doctor if you are breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about MIRENA Injection
- Is it safe to receive MIRENA Injection injection while on Rifampin?
- Is it safe to use MIRENA Injection while having diabetes?
- Can I alter the dose of MIRENA Injection ?
- How should MIRENA Injection be stored?
- What are the other available formulations of MIRENA Injection ?
No, MIRENA Injection is not advised while on Rifampin medication.
Consult a doctor before receiving MIRENA Injection medicine if you have diabetes.
No, altering the dose of MIRENA Injection is not advised.
MIRENA Injection should be stored at temperature below 5OC.
MIRENA Injection is available only in injection dosage form.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.