MINOLOX 50MG TABLET 10'S
By MICRO LABS PVT LTD Prescription Needed
*Cashback validity: 31 days
*Cashback validity: 365 days
No top brand available
No top generic available
|No|| generic substitutes available |
What is Minocycline Hydrochloride used for?
Minocycline Hydrochloride is used for the treatment of bacterial infections. It is used to for the treatment of following conditions:
- Severe acne
- Urinary tract infections
- Respiratory infections
- Chlamydia infection
- Skin infections
Minocycline Hydrochloride may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Minocycline Hydrochloride work?
Minocycline Hydrochloride belongs to the class of drugs called tetracycline antibiotics. The drug acts by exerting its antimicrobial effect and inhibiting the process of protein synthesis. This prevents the growth of the pathogenic microorganism.
How to take Minocycline Hydrochloride?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take Minocycline Hydrochloride as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the capsule/tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the capsule/tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of Minocycline Hydrochloride, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of Minocycline Hydrochloride may include:
- Trouble breathing
- Unusual tiredness
What are the drugs that interact with Minocycline Hydrochloride?
Drugs that interact with Minocycline Hydrochloride include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Minocycline Hydrochloride?
The following are the most common side effects of Minocycline Hydrochloride :
- Loss of appetite
- Abdominal pain
- Black stools
- Blurred vision
- Discomfort or illness
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Severe dizziness
- Joint pain/stiffness
- Changes in vision
- Blood in stool
- Abdominal cramps
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking Minocycline Hydrochloride?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to Minocycline Hydrochloride or similar drugs.
- Avoid driving or operating heavy machinery if Minocycline Hydrochloride causes severe drowsiness or changes in vision.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Avoid direct exposure to sunlight while using Minocycline Hydrochloride medicine.
You are advised not to take Minocycline Hydrochlorideif
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking Minocycline Hydrochloride?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney or liver diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to sulphite.
Frequently asked questions about Minocycline Hydrochloride
- Can I use Minocycline Hydrochloride medication while having chronic asthma?
- Is it safe to take Minocycline Hydrochloride while using birth control pills?
- Is Minocycline Hydrochloride medication safe to use during pregnancy?
- Is it safe to use antacid while on Minocycline Hydrochloride?
- Is it common to experience muscle pain while taking Minocycline Hydrochloride medicine?
Consult your doctor before using Minocycline Hydrochloride while suffering from chronic asthma or other respiratory diseases.
Inform your doctor about the use of birth control pills before taking Minocycline Hydrochloride medication, as the drug can make birth control pills less effective.
No. Avoid using Minocycline Hydrochloride medication during pregnancy as it may cause harm to the foetus.
Avoid taking antacids before or after 2 hours of taking Minocycline Hydrochloride medication.
Yes. Muscle pain is one of the common side effects of Minocycline Hydrochloride. However, consult your doctor if you experience severe pain or discomfort.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.