What is MIGNAR MF 25mg Tablet used for?
MIGNAR MF 25mg Tablet is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
MIGNAR MF 25mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does MIGNAR MF 25mg Tablet work?
MIGNAR MF 25mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called anti-diabetic agents. Metformin acts by decreasing the hepatic glucose production and the intestinal glucose absorption. It also acts by increasing the insulin sensitivity, which increases the uptake of glucose by the muscles.
Miglitol is an alpha-glucosidase inhibitor. It acts by inhibiting the digestion of complex sugars to glucose. Thus, it delays the absorption of intestinal glucose.
How to take MIGNAR MF 25mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take MIGNAR MF 25mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug at least 1 hour before food.
If you miss a dose of MIGNAR MF 25mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of MIGNAR MF 25mg Tablet may include:
- Increased sweating
- Increased thirst
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with MIGNAR MF 25mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with MIGNAR MF 25mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of MIGNAR MF 25mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of MIGNAR MF 25mg Tablet:
- Abdominal discomfort
- Abdominal distension
- Decreased appetite
- Increased hunger
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Painful urination
- Shortness of breath
- Lactic acidosis
- Blood vomiting
- Chest discomfort
- Increased sweating
- Severe diarrhoea
- Skin rash
- Upper respiratory tract infection
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking MIGNAR MF 25mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to MIGNAR MF 25mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on MIGNAR MF 25mg Tablet.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of MIGNAR MF 25mg Tablet.
- Avoid MIGNAR MF 25mg Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if MIGNAR MF 25mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Be cautious while taking MIGNAR MF 25mg Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
You are advised not to take MIGNAR MF 25mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking MIGNAR MF 25mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver and kidney impairment.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell your doctor if you are suffering from chronic infections.
- Inform the doctor if you have any history of allergic reaction with the usage of MIGNAR MF 25mg Tablet.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about MIGNAR MF 25mg Tablet
- Can I take MIGNAR MF 25mg Tablet to treat type 1 diabetes?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while taking MIGNAR MF 25mg Tablet?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of MIGNAR MF 25mg Tablet?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking MIGNAR MF 25mg Tablet?
No, MIGNAR MF 25mg Tablet is only prescribed to treat type 2 diabetes. Please consult your doctor for an appropriate medication in case of type 1 diabetes or diabetic ketoacidosis.
Yes, it is advised to exercise regularly and follow a strict diabetic diet while taking MIGNAR MF 25mg Tablet.
Do not alter the dose of MIGNAR MF 25mg Tablet tablet without consulting the doctor, as a change in the dose may increase the risk of hypoglycemic side effects.
It is advised to monitor your blood glucose and haemoglobin levels at regular intervals while taking MIGNAR MF 25mg Tablet tablet.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.