MIGNAR 25mg Tablet 15's
By Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd Prescription Needed
Rs.77.96 (57% Savings)
Rs.86.50 (52% Savings)
Rs.103.90 (43% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is MIGNAR 25mg Tablet used for?
MIGNAR 25mg Tablet is used for the treatment of hyperglycaemia in patients with type 2 diabetes.
MIGNAR 25mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does MIGNAR 25mg Tablet work?
MIGNAR 25mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called as the anti-diabetics. This drug acts by blocking the actions of alpha glucoside hydrolase enzymes in the intestine. This inhibits the breaking down of carbohydrates into glucose, which prevents high blood sugar levels following the meals.
How to take MIGNAR 25mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take MIGNAR 25mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with the first meal of a day.
If you miss a dose of MIGNAR 25mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with MIGNAR 25mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with MIGNAR 25mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of MIGNAR 25mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of MIGNAR 25mg Tablet:
- Loose stools
- Skin rash
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Stomach pain
- Increase in bowel movement
- Passing gas
- Hypoglycaemia (decreased blood sugar level)
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking MIGNAR 25mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to MIGNAR 25mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Be cautious while taking MIGNAR 25mg Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may alter your blood sugar levels.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to take MIGNAR 25mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking MIGNAR 25mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of asthma, heart diseases, kidney and liver diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked questions about MIGNAR 25mg Tablet
- What are the contraindications of MIGNAR 25mg Tablet?
- What are the overdose symptoms of MIGNAR 25mg Tablet?
- Can I use MIGNAR 25mg Tablet along with beta blockers?
- Can I drive after taking MIGNAR 25mg Tablet?
Contraindications of MIGNAR 25mg Tablet include diabetic ketoacidosis, inflammatory bowel disease, colon ulceration, and hypersensitivity to the drug.
Overdose symptoms of MIGNAR 25mg Tablet include flatulence, abdominal discomfort, and diarrhoea. Consult your doctor if you experience any of the above symptoms.
MIGNAR 25mg Tablet should not be used along with beta blockers, as it may lead to complications.
If you experience dizziness or drowsiness after taking MIGNAR 25mg Tablet, then you must avoid driving.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.