What is Mometasone Furoate used for?
Mometasone Furoate is used for the treatment of following skin conditions:
- Skin irritation
Mometasone Furoate may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Mometasone Furoate work?
Mometasone Furoate belongs to the class of drugs called corticosteroids. The drug acts by inhibiting the production of inflammatory mediators, such as prostaglandins and leukotrienes. Thus, it helps in suppressing the inflammation.
How to apply Mometasone Furoate?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use Mometasone Furoate as prescribed by your doctor.
- Before applying the medication, make sure that the area to be treated is clean and dry.
- Apply a thin layer of Mometasone furoate on the affected area and rub it gently.
The overdose symptoms of Mometasone Furoate may include:
- Skin irritation
- Skin burn
What are the drugs that interact with Mometasone Furoate?
Omacetaxine is the only drug that may interact with Mometasone furoate. Please consult your doctor for potential drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Mometasone Furoate?
The following are the most common side effects of Mometasone Furoate:
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Skin irritation
- Loss of elasticity
- Darkened skin
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using Mometasone Furoate?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to Mometasone Furoate or similar drugs.
- Keep the medication away from the reach of children.
- Do not use Mometasone Furoate for a longer duration than prescribed.
- Do not use Mometasone Furoate medication on the face or genital areas.
- Be cautious while using Mometasone Furoate over chronic skin infections.
- Avoid using the medication over dressings, bandages.
What should you tell your doctor before using Mometasone Furoate?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of skin diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell your doctor if you have a sensitive skin.
- Inform your doctor before using Mometasone Furoate medication in children.
Frequently asked questions about Mometasone Furoate
- Is it safe to apply Mometasone Furoate over a damaged skin?
Avoid using Mometasone Furoate over cuts, wounds, irritated and damaged skin. Please consult your doctor.
No. Do not use Mometasone Furoate to treat a diaper rash. Please consult your doctor.
Swelling and redness of the skin are common side effects of Mometasone Furoate. However, consult your doctor immediately if the symptoms persist or worsens.
Mometasone Furoate should not be used for more than 3 weeks. Please consult your doctor for further information.
No. Avoid using a larger dose of the medication as it may lead to skin burn or peeling of skin. Please consult your doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.