Rs.119.00 (24% Savings)
Rs.145.00 (8% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is MEVA SR 200mg Capsule used for?
MEVA SR 200mg Capsule is used for relieving the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome, such as stomach pain, bloating and persistent diarrhoea.
MEVA SR 200mg Capsule may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does MEVA SR 200mg Capsule work?
MEVA SR 200mg Capsule belongs to the class of drugs called anti-spasmodics. This drug acts directly on the smooth muscles of gastro-intestinal tract without affecting the normal gut motility. The exact mechanism of action involved is still unknown.
How to take MEVA SR 200mg Capsule?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take MEVA SR 200mg Capsule as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet/capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take MEVA SR 200mg Capsule with or without food.
If you miss a dose of MEVA SR 200mg Capsule, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with MEVA SR 200mg Capsule?
Consult your doctor for potential drug interactions.
What are the side effects of MEVA SR 200mg Capsule?
The following are the most common side effects of MEVA SR 200mg Capsule:
- Decreased heart rate
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking MEVA SR 200mg Capsule?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to MEVA SR 200mg Capsule or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if MEVA SR 200mg Capsule causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Do not stop using MEVA SR 200mg Capsule medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor.
- Be cautious while taking MEVA SR 200mg Capsule if you have any cardiac disorders.
You are advised not to take MEVA SR 200mg Capsule if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking MEVA SR 200mg Capsule?
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to MEVA SR 200mg Capsule or related drugs.
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney or liver problems, bleeding disorders, severe constipation or bloody stools.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
Frequently Asked questions about MEVA SR 200mg Capsule
- Can I consume alcohol while on MEVA SR 200mg Capsule medication?
- How long can I take MEVA SR 200mg Capsule?
- How should MEVA SR 200mg Capsule be stored?
The effect of alcohol on MEVA SR 200mg Capsule absorption is unknown. However, please consult your doctor for queries on alcohol consumption while on MEVA SR 200mg Capsule medication.
It is advised to take MEVA SR 200mg Capsule for the prescribed duration. Please consult your doctor if you have to discontinue MEVA SR 200mg Capsule medication.
MEVA SR 200mg Capsule is stored at room temperature (25 – 30OC). Keep the medicine away from direct sunlight.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.