MEVA SR 200MG CAPSULE 10'S
|Available substitute||4 substitute/s available|
Rs.79.00 (44% Savings)
Rs.119.00 (17% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is Mebeverine used for?
Mebeverine is used for relieving the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome, such as stomach pain, bloating and persistent diarrhoea.
Mebeverine may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Mebeverine work?
Mebeverine belongs to the class of drugs called anti-spasmodics. This drug acts directly on the smooth muscles of gastro-intestinal tract without affecting the normal gut motility. The exact mechanism of action involved is still unknown.
How to take Mebeverine?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take Mebeverine as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet/capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take Mebeverine with or without food.
If you miss a dose of Mebeverine, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with Mebeverine?
Consult your doctor for potential drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Mebeverine?
The following are the most common side effects of Mebeverine:
- Decreased heart rate
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking Mebeverine?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to Mebeverine or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if Mebeverine causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Do not stop using Mebeverine medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor.
- Be cautious while taking Mebeverine if you have any cardiac disorders.
You are advised not to take Mebeverine if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking Mebeverine?
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to Mebeverine or related drugs.
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney or liver problems, bleeding disorders, severe constipation or bloody stools.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
Frequently asked questions about Mebeverine
- Can I consume alcohol while on Mebeverine medication?
- How long can I take Mebeverine?
- How should Mebeverine be stored?
The effect of alcohol on Mebeverine absorption is unknown. However, please consult your doctor for queries on alcohol consumption while on Mebeverine medication.
It is advised to take Mebeverine for the prescribed duration. Please consult your doctor if you have to discontinue Mebeverine medication.
Mebeverine is stored at room temperature (25 – 30OC). Keep the medicine away from direct sunlight.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.