Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
METSPOT OL 50mg Tablet 10's
By Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd Prescription Needed
What is METSPOT OL 50mg Tablet used for?
METSPOT OL 50mg Tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure, angina, and heart attack.
METSPOT OL 50mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does METSPOT OL 50mg Tablet work?
In METSPOT OL 50mg Tablet, Metoprolol Succinate belongs to the class of drugs called as beta blockers. This drug acts by blocking the B1 receptors of the heart to decrease the heart rate and cardiac output. This inhibits the renin angiotensin aldosterone system, which causes vasodilation and decrease in sodium and water retention.
Olmesartan Medoximil belongs to the class of drugs called as the angiotensin II receptor antagonists. It acts by blocking the angiotensin receptor blockers. Olmesartan Medoximil works by narrowing the blood vessels which decreases the blood pressure.
How to take METSPOT OL 50mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take METSPOT OL 50mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of METSPOT OL 50mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with METSPOT OL 50mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with METSPOT OL 50mg Tablet include the following:
- Citric acid
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of METSPOT OL 50mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of METSPOT OL 50mg Tablet:
- Back pain
- Dry mouth
- Increased hunger
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Blood in urine
- Difficulty in breathing
- Loss of voice
- Blurred vision
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking METSPOT OL 50mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to METSPOT OL 50mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may alter your blood pressure.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Be cautious while taking METSPOT OL 50mg Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
You are advised not to take METSPOT OL 50mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking METSPOT OL 50mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart diseases, kidney and liver diseases.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked questions about METSPOT OL 50mg Tablet
- I am on METSPOT OL 50mg Tablet for hypertension. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
- How should METSPOT OL 50mg Tablet be stored?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while taking METSPOT OL 50mg Tablet be stored?
- How long should I use METSPOT OL 50mg Tablet?
- Can I drive after taking METSPOT OL 50mg Tablet?
Do not stop taking the drug without doctor’s consultation even if you feel better. Discontinuing the drug without consulting a doctor may lead to complications.
METSPOT OL 50mg Tablet should be stored at room temperature, away from sunlight.
You must follow a low-salt diet while on METSPOT OL 50mg Tablet. Consult your doctor for further information.
Usually, METSPOT OL 50mg Tablet is used for long-term. However, you must use the drug as per doctor’s recommendation.
If you experience drowsiness after taking METSPOT OL 50mg Tablet, then you should avoid driving.