Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
What is METRON 200mg Tablet used for?
METRON 200mg Tablet is used in the treatment of a variety of bacterial infections of skin, joints, respiratory tract, stomach and vagina. It is also used to treat certain protozoal infections.
METRON 200mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does METRON 200mg Tablet work?
METRON 200mg Tablet belongs to a class of drugs called antibiotics. It works by inhibiting DNA synthesis and damaging the DNA of the bacteria and protozoa. This prevents further growth and replication of the bacteria or protozoa.
How to use METRON 200mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depends on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take with or without food.
- Apply a thin layer of METRON 200mg Tablet cream on the affected area and rub it gently.
- Administer METRON 200mg Tablet injection only under the supervision of a healthcare provider.
- For syrup formulation, shake the suspension well before each dose to ensure uniform mixing of the drug.
If you miss a dose of METRON 200mg Tablet, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with METRON 200mg Tablet?
The drugs that interact with METRON 200mg Tablet tablet/injection/syrup are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of METRON 200mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of METRON 200mg Tablet tablet/injection/syrup:
- Loss of appetite
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Abdominal pain
- Painful urination
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using METRON 200mg Tablet?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on METRON 200mg Tablet
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if METRON 200mg Tablet tablet/injection causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Inform your doctor if you experience rapid swelling of lips, throat and tongue while using METRON 200mg Tablet tablet/injection.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may cause excessive drowsiness when taken with METRON 200mg Tablet tablet/injection.
What should you tell your doctor before using METRON 200mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to METRON 200mg Tablet.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing depression, skin disorders, liver or heart diseases.
Frequently Asked questions about METRON 200mg Tablet
- Does METRON 200mg Tablet treat common cold or flu?
- Do I need to follow any dietary precautions while on METRON 200mg Tablet?
- Is METRON 200mg Tablet safe to use in pregnant women?
- For how long is METRON 200mg Tablet usually prescribed?
- What are the overdose symptoms of METRON 200mg Tablet tablet/injection?
METRON 200mg Tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infections. It does not treat viral infections, such as common cold or flu.
Yes, it is advisable to follow a diet rich in fibre as the use of METRON 200mg Tablet may cause constipation.
The use of METRON 200mg Tablet during pregnancy is not safe as it may affect the growing foetus. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug.
The duration of the treatment depends on the type of infection and the severity of the condition. Based on this, the doctor may prescribe the drug.
The overdose symptoms of METRON 200mg Tablet are severe abdominal cramps, rash, and metallic taste in the mouth. Consult your doctor if you experience any of the above symptoms.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.