METPURE XL 25mg Tablet 10's
By Emcure Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is METPURE XL 25mg Tablet used for?
METPURE XL 25mg Tablet is used for the treatment of chest pain and high blood pressure. It also reduces the risk of heart attack.
METPURE XL 25mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does METPURE XL 25mg Tablet work?
METPURE XL 25mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called beta-blockers. This drug acts by inhibiting the action of epinephrine and norepinephrine from binding to the receptors. This action helps the heart muscles to relax and improves the pumping mechanism of the heart.
How to take METPURE XL 25mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take METPURE XL 25mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with food or immediately after a meal.
If you miss a dose of METPURE XL 25mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of METPURE XL 25mg Tablet may include:
- Decreased breathing
- Loss of consciousness
What are the drugs that interact with METPURE XL 25mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with METPURE XL 25mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of METPURE XL 25mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of METPURE XL 25mg Tablet:
- Blurred vision
- Shortness of breath
- Irregular heartbeat
- Chest pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Trouble breathing
- Mood swings
- Severe tiredness
- Serious allergic reactions
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking METPURE XL 25mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to METPURE XL 25mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if METPURE XL 25mg Tablet causes severe drowsiness or blurred vision.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of METPURE XL 25mg Tablet.
- Keep the medication away from the reach of children.
You are advised not to take METPURE XL 25mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking METPURE XL 25mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of thyroid disorder, respiratory disease or liver disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about METPURE XL 25mg Tablet
- Is it safe to take METPURE XL 25mg Tablet medication in case of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of METPURE XL 25mg Tablet medicine?
- Can I continue METPURE XL 25mg Tablet medication before undergoing any surgery?
- Is it safe to take METPURE XL 25mg Tablet if I have a history of diabetes?
- Is it safe to take METPURE XL 25mg Tablet during pregnancy?
Consult your doctor before taking METPURE XL 25mg Tablet if you have any history of serious breathing problems like asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
No. Altering the dose of METPURE XL 25mg Tablet may increase the risk of side effects.
Consult your doctor before taking METPURE XL 25mg Tablet medicine prior to a scheduled surgery.
Be cautious while taking METPURE XL 25mg Tablet if you have diabetes. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug.
Be cautious while taking METPURE XL 25mg Tablet medicine during pregnancy as it may cause harm to the unborn baby. However, do not take the medication without medical supervision.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.