METPURE AM 2.5mg Tablet 10's
By Emcure Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is METPURE AM 2.5mg Tablet used for?
METPURE AM 2.5mg Tablet is used for the treatment of hypertension, angina and arrhythmias.
METPURE AM 2.5mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does METPURE AM 2.5mg Tablet work?
In METPURE AM 2.5mg Tablet, S-Amlodipine belongs to the class of drugs called calcium channel blockers. It works by reducing the movement of calcium into the heart and walls of the blood vessel. This lowers the pressure on the heart and widens the blood vessels, which helps in reducing strain on the heart and blood pressure.
S-Metoprolol belongs to the class of drugs called beta blockers. It works by blocking the action of epinephrine. This helps in slowing the heart rate and relaxing the blood vessels. Thus, it reduces blood pressure and improves the blood flow.
How to take METPURE AM 2.5mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take METPURE AM 2.5mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take METPURE AM 2.5mg Tablet with or without food.
If you miss a dose of METPURE AM 2.5mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with METPURE AM 2.5mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with METPURE AM 2.5mg Tablet are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of METPURE AM 2.5mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects, of METPURE AM 2.5mg Tablet:
- Abdominal pain
- Difficulty in breathing
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Irregular heartbeat
- Chest tightness
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking METPURE AM 2.5mg Tablet?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on METPURE AM 2.5mg Tablet
- Avoid METPURE AM 2.5mg Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking METPURE AM 2.5mg Tablet as it may worsen the side effects.
- Avoid METPURE AM 2.5mg Tablet in case of allergic reactions.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to take METPURE AM 2.5mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking METPURE AM 2.5mg Tablet?
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing respiratory diseases, liver problems, kidney diseases, or bleeding problems.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have any hypersensitivity to any of the drugs in METPURE AM 2.5mg Tablet
Frequently Asked questions about METPURE AM 2.5mg Tablet
- Can I take METPURE AM 2.5mg Tablet if I have a history of liver disease?
- Does METPURE AM 2.5mg Tablet cause swelling in the feet?
- Can I discontinue taking METPURE AM 2.5mg Tablet when I feel better?
- Can I recommend METPURE AM 2.5mg Tablet to a geriatric patient?
Patients with a history of liver disease should take METPURE AM 2.5mg Tablet with caution. Please consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
Swelling of the feet or ankle is a rare side effect of METPURE AM 2.5mg Tablet. Please inform your doctor immediately if you develop this symptom.
Do not stop taking METPURE AM 2.5mg Tablet abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
No, it is not advisable to recommend drugs to geriatric patients. The severity of the condition may not be the same for every individual. Therefore, please do not recommend any drugs without the doctor’s consent.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.