METMIN A Tablet 10's
By Jenburkt Pharmaceuticals Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is METMIN A Tablet used for?
METMIN A Tablet is primarily used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. It is also used in the treatment of diabetic nerve pain, wound healing and rheumatoid arthritis.
METMIN A Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does METMIN A Tablet work?
In METMIN A Tablet, Metformin belongs to the class of drugs called anti-diabetic agents. It acts by decreasing the hepatic glucose production and the absorption of intestinal glucose. It also acts by increasing the insulin sensitivity, which increases the uptake of glucose in the muscles of the body.
Alpha-Lipoic Acid is an antioxidant. It acts by improving the insulin sensitivity and increasing the utilization of glucose in the body. This helps in reducing blood sugar levels.
How to take METMIN A Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take METMIN A Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug at least 1 hour before food.
If you miss a dose of METMIN A Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of METMIN A Tablet may include:
- Increased sweating
- Increased thirst
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with METMIN A Tablet?
Drugs that interact with METMIN A Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of METMIN A Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of METMIN A Tablet:
- Abdominal pain
- Decreased appetite
- Increased hunger
- Increased sweating
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Blood vomiting
- Chest discomfort
- Severe diarrhoea
- Skin rash
- Upper respiratory tract infection
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking METMIN A Tablet?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on METMIN A Tablet.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of METMIN A Tablet.
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to METMIN A Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if METMIN A Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Be cautious while taking METMIN A Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Avoid METMIN A Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
You are advised not to take METMIN A Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking METMIN A Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of any chronic infections, liver and kidney impairment.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor about the use of METMIN A Tablet, if you have to undergo any surgery or medical procedure.
- Inform the doctor if you have any history of allergic reaction with the usage of METMIN A Tablet.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about METMIN A Tablet
- Is it safe to alter the dose of METMIN A Tablet?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking METMIN A Tablet?
- Can I take METMIN A Tablet to treat type 1 diabetes?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while taking METMIN A Tablet?
It is not advised to alter the dose of METMIN A Tablet tablet without consulting the doctor.
Yes, it is advised to monitor your blood glucose and haemoglobin levels at regular intervals while taking METMIN A Tablet tablet.
No, METMIN A Tablet is only prescribed to treat type 2 diabetes. Please consult your doctor for appropriate medication in case of type 1 diabetes and diabetic ketoacidosis.
Yes, it is advised to avoid consumption of alcohol while taking METMIN A Tablet.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.