METITAL Tablet 10's
By Others Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is METITAL Tablet used for?
METITAL Tablet is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
METITAL Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does METITAL Tablet work?
In METITAL Tablet, Metformin belongs to the class of drugs called anti-diabetic agents. It acts by reducing the amount of glucose absorbed from food in the intestine, thereby decreasing glucose production in the liver. Myo-Inositol acts by balancing certain chemicals in the body.
How to take METITAL Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take METITAL Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug at least one hour before food.
- Measure the prescribed amount of powder and mix it in a glass full of water and consume it immediately.
If you miss a dose of METITAL Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with METITAL Tablet?
Drugs that interact with METITAL Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of METITAL Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of METITAL Tablet:
- Stomach discomfort
- Decreased appetite
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Painful urination
- Tightness in chest
- Unusual tiredness
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking METITAL Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to METITAL Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of METITAL Tablet.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on METITAL Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if METITAL Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Avoid METITAL Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
You are advised not to take METITAL Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking METITAL Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver and kidney impairment.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have any history of allergic reaction with the usage of METITAL Tablet.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about METITAL Tablet
- How should METITAL Tablet be stored?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking METITAL Tablet?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while taking METITAL Tablet?
- Can I take METITAL Tablet to treat type 1 diabetes?
- Can I stop taking METITAL Tablet if my blood sugar levels are normalised?
METITAL Tablet should be stored at room temperature (15 – 30OC) away from sunlight, heat and radiation.
It is advised to monitor your blood glucose levels at regular intervals while taking METITAL Tablet.
Yes, it is advised to exercise regularly and follow a strict diabetic diet while taking METITAL Tablet.
No, METITAL Tablet is only prescribed to treat type 2 diabetes. Please consult your doctor for an appropriate medication in case of type 1 diabetes or diabetic ketoacidosis.
No, it is advised to complete the prescribed course of METITAL Tablet. Discontinuing the medication can increase the blood sugar levels.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.