What is METHYCOBAL Injection used for?
METHYCOBAL Injection is a nutrient supplement. It is used for the treatment of following conditions:
- Pernicious anaemia
- Alcoholic neuropathy
- Multiple sclerosis
- Diabetic neuropathy
METHYCOBAL Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does METHYCOBAL Injection work?
METHYCOBAL Injection is a vitamin supplement. It possesses anti-ageing and neuroprotective properties. It works by offering support to the nerve cells in the brain and contributes to the healthy functioning of the central nervous system. It also reduces the stress factors and improves the immunity of the body.
How to use METHYCOBAL Injection ?
The dosage and the drug form depends on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
- Swallow the capsule whole. Do not open or chew the capsule. Use METHYCOBAL Injection with or without food.
- METHYCOBAL Injection injection should be administered only under medical supervision.
If you miss a dose of METHYCOBAL Injection , please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with METHYCOBAL Injection ?
The drugs that interact with METHYCOBAL Injection are:
- Ascorbic acid
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of METHYCOBAL Injection ?
The following are the most common side effects of METHYCOBAL Injection :
- Involuntary movements
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Heart failure
- Difficulty breathing
- Clot in the arms or legs
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using METHYCOBAL Injection ?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on METHYCOBAL Injection
- Inform your doctor if you have rapid swelling of lips, throat and tongue.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Suddenly stopping the medication may cause the illness to return.
- Strictly follow the doctor’s instructions and use the prescribed dosage.
You are advised not to use METHYCOBAL Injection if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using METHYCOBAL Injection ?
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to METHYCOBAL Injection .
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing liver, kidney or heart problems such as hypertension, heart attack and heart failure.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about METHYCOBAL Injection
- Is METHYCOBAL Injection same as Cyanocobalamin?
- Is METHYCOBAL Injection safe for the elderly?
- Can I use folic acid supplements along with METHYCOBAL Injection capsule?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of METHYCOBAL Injection ?
- Does METHYCOBAL Injection interact with alcohol consumption?
No, Cyanocobalamin is a different form of vitamin B 12.
Yes, METHYCOBAL Injection capsule is safe for the elderly. However, consult the doctor for the dosage as the absorption capacity may reduce with age.
Folic acid supplements may mask the symptoms of anaemia caused due to vitamin B12 deficiency. However, please consult your doctor for further information.
No, METHYCOBAL Injection dose is prescribed depending on the complexity of neuropathic pain. Hence, altering the dose is not advised.
Yes, consumption of alcohol may reduce the absorption of METHYCOBAL Injection in the gastrointestinal tract.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.