What is METHIMEZ 10mg Tablet used for?
METHIMEZ 10mg Tablet is used for the treatment of overactive thyroid gland.
METHIMEZ 10mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does METHIMEZ 10mg Tablet work?
METHIMEZ 10mg Tablet belongs to a class of drugs called anti-thyroid medications. It works by interfering with the production of thyroid hormones. Thus, it normalises the thyroid levels in the body.
How to take METHIMEZ 10mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depends on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take METHIMEZ 10mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the METHIMEZ 10mg Tablet with or without food and at the same time each day.
If you miss a dose of METHIMEZ 10mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with METHIMEZ 10mg Tablet?
The drugs that interact with METHIMEZ 10mg Tablet are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of METHIMEZ 10mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of METHIMEZ 10mg Tablet:
- Stomach upset
- Abdominal pain
- Muscle pain
- Joint pain
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Liver damage
- Kidney inflammation
- Poor blood clotting
- Inflammation of the lining of the arteries
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking METHIMEZ 10mg Tablet?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on METHIMEZ 10mg Tablet
- Inform your doctor if you have rapid swelling of lips, throat and tongue.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Suddenly stopping the medication may cause the illness to return.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may cause excessive drowsiness when taken with METHIMEZ 10mg Tablet.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
You are advised not to take METHIMEZ 10mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking METHIMEZ 10mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to METHIMEZ 10mg Tablet.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor about the pre-existing heart, liver or kidney problems.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about METHIMEZ 10mg Tablet
- Is it common to develop anaemia while on METHIMEZ 10mg Tablet?
- Do I need to follow any dietary precautions while on METHIMEZ 10mg Tablet?
- Does METHIMEZ 10mg Tablet cause weight gain?
- Is it safe to modify the dose of METHIMEZ 10mg Tablet?
- What are the overdose symptoms of METHIMEZ 10mg Tablet?
METHIMEZ 10mg Tablet disturbs the production of red blood cells. Therefore, people may develop anaemia while taking METHIMEZ 10mg Tablet.
Do not consume grapefruit while taking METHIMEZ 10mg Tablet as it may alter the absorption of the drug.
No, METHIMEZ 10mg Tablet does not cause weight gain. However, there may be an underlying cause for gaining weight. Please consult your doctor.
No, METHIMEZ 10mg Tablet dose is prescribed depending on the severity of the patient’s condition. Hence, altering the dose is not advised.
The overdose symptoms of METHIMEZ 10mg Tablet are nausea, persistent vomiting, and indigestion. Consult your doctor if you experience any of the above symptoms.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.