Rs.24.10 (31% Savings)
Rs.32.16 (8% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is METBAY 1gm Tablet used for?
METBAY 1gm Tablet tablet is used to control blood sugar levels in patients with type 2 diabetes.
METBAY 1gm Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does METBAY 1gm Tablet work?
METBAY 1gm Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called anti-diabetic drugs. The drug acts by improving insulin sensitivity and maintaining the blood glucose levels by lowering the hepatic glucose production and increasing the intestinal absorption of glucose.
How to take METBAY 1gm Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take METBAY 1gm Tablet tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet.
If you miss a dose of METBAY 1gm Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of METBAY 1gm Tablet include the following:
- Rapid breathing
- Severe nausea
Please seek immediate medical attention if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with METBAY 1gm Tablet?
Drugs that interact with METBAY 1gm Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of METBAY 1gm Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of METBAY 1gm Tablet:
- Abdominal pain
- Metallic taste in the mouth
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Respiratory tract infections
- Allergic skin reactions
- Unusual muscle pain
- Irregular heartbeat
- Profuse sweating
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking METBAY 1gm Tablet?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to METBAY 1gm Tablet or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on METBAY 1gm Tablet.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of METBAY 1gm Tablet.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while taking METBAY 1gm Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
You are advised not to take METBAY 1gm Tablet
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking METBAY 1gm Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, kidney or liver diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about METBAY 1gm Tablet
- Can I take birth control pills while on METBAY 1gm Tablet medication?
- Can I stop taking METBAY 1gm Tablet medicine if I feel better?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking METBAY 1gm Tablet?
- Should I follow any dietary restrictions while taking METBAY 1gm Tablet?
No. Birth control pills are known to interact with METBAY 1gm Tablet medicine. Consult your doctor before using any other medication while on METBAY 1gm Tablet.
No. Continue taking METBAY 1gm Tablet even if you feel better. Abrupt discontinuation would lead to abnormal blood glucose levels.
Blood sugar levels should be monitored while taking METBAY 1gm Tablet medicine to check for the effect of the drug.
Yes, it is advised to follow diabetic diet along with daily exercises while taking METBAY 1gm Tablet.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.