METAFORT G1 CP Tablet 30's
What is METAFORT G1 CP Tablet used for?
METAFORT G1 CP Tablet is an oral anti-diabetic medicine, which is used for the treatment of high blood sugar levels in patients with type 2 diabetes. This combination should be used in conjunction with diet and exercise to improve glycaemic control.
METAFORT G1 CP Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does METAFORT G1 CP Tablet work?
In METAFORT G1 CP Tablet, Glimepiride belongs to the class of drugs called insulin secretagogues. It works by decreasing the blood glucose levels by stimulating the insulin release from the pancreatic cells. This drug also increases the insulin sensitivity at the target sites.
Metformin belongs to the class of drugs called biguanides, which acts by inhibiting the insulin production in the liver and decreasing the intestinal insulin absorption. Thus, it improves the insulin sensitivity by enhancing the peripheral glucose uptake.
How to take METAFORT G1 CP Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take METAFORT G1 CP Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take METAFORT G1 CP Tablet with or without food.
If you miss a dose of METAFORT G1 CP Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of METAFORT G1 CP Tablet may include:
- Extreme weakness
What are the drugs that interact with METAFORT G1 CP Tablet?
Drugs that interact with METAFORT G1 CP Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of METAFORT G1 CP Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of METAFORT G1 CP Tablet:
- Abdominal pain
- Mood swings
- Unusual weight gain
- Photosensitivity reactions
- Blurred vision
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Dark-coloured urine
- Lactic acidosis
- Yellow-coloured eyes
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions METAFORT G1 CP Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to METAFORT G1 CP Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of METAFORT G1 CP Tablet.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if METAFORT G1 CP Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid METAFORT G1 CP Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
You are advised not to take METAFORT G1 CP Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
Frequently Asked Questions about METAFORT G1 CP Tablet
- How should METAFORT G1 CP Tablet be stored?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while taking METAFORT G1 CP Tablet?
- What are the other formulations of METAFORT G1 CP Tablet available?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking METAFORT G1 CP Tablet?
- Can I take METAFORT G1 CP Tablet for type 1 diabetes?
METAFORT G1 CP Tablet should be stored at room temperature (25 – 30OC). Keep the medicine away from direct sunlight.
METAFORT G1 CP Tablet works effectively when taken with proper diet and exercise regimen.
METAFORT G1 CP Tablet is available as tablet and capsule dosage forms.
Yes, regular monitoring of blood sugar level is advised while on METAFORT G1 CP Tablet.
No, METAFORT G1 CP Tablet is indicated only for patients with type 2 diabetes.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.