MESACOL OD Tablet 10's
By Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is MESACOL OD Tablet used for?
MESACOL OD Tablet is used for the treatment of ulcerative colitis. It is also recommended to treat mild to moderate Crohn’s disease.
MESACOL OD Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does MESACOL OD Tablet work?
MESACOL OD Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called anti-inflammatory agents. This drug acts by increasing the mucosal production and diminishing the inflammation by inhibiting the synthesis of prostaglandins and blocking the action of cyclooxygenase enzymes. Inhibition of prostaglandins reduces the inflammation in the colon and other symptoms associated with ulcerative colitis.
How to use MESACOL OD Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use MESACOL OD Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Mix the required amount of MESACOL OD Tablet powder in a glass of cold water and drink it immediately.
- Swallow the whole tablet. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- Use MESACOL OD Tablet enema as suggested by the doctor.
If you miss a dose of MESACOL OD Tablet, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of MESACOL OD Tablet may include:
- Ringing in the ears
- Rapid breath
What are the drugs that interact with MESACOL OD Tablet?
Drugs that interact with MESACOL OD Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of MESACOL OD Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of MESACOL OD Tablet:
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Hair loss
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using MESACOL OD Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to MESACOL OD Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of MESACOL OD Tablet.
- Monitor your uric acid levels on a regular basis while using MESACOL OD Tablet.
- Avoid MESACOL OD Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor.
- Do not exceed the dose more than prescribed.
What should you tell your doctor before using MESACOL OD Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver, kidney or respiratory diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about MESACOL OD Tablet
- Does MESACOL OD Tablet enema affect male fertility?
- Can I use mesalamine tablet and enema at the same time?
- Is it safe to use MESACOL OD Tablet in anaemic patients?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while using MESACOL OD Tablet?
- What are the other formulations of MESACOL OD Tablet available?
Yes. MESACOL OD Tablet enema may alter the sperm count and affects the male fertility. Consult your doctor for further information.
Yes. You can use MESACOL OD Tablet tablet and enema at the same time, only when recommended by the doctor.
No. It is not safe to use MESACOL OD Tablet in patients with anaemia.
Blood tests and Kidney function tests must be regularly monitored while using MESACOL OD Tablet.
MESACOL OD Tablet is available as granules, foam enemas, rectal suppositories, and capsules.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.