MEROTEC XP Injection
By Zuventus Healthcare Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is MEROTEC XP Injection used for?
MEROTEC XP Injection is primarily used for the treatment of urinary tract infections and pulmonary infection in cystic fibrosis. It is also recommended for the treatment of following conditions:
- Abdominal infections
- Obstetrical infections
- Febrile neutropenia
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Bacterial meningitis in children
MEROTEC XP Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does MEROTEC XP Injection work?
In MEROTEC XP Injection , Meropenem belongs to the class of drugs called carbapenems. This drug acts by inhibiting the synthesis of bacterial cell wall and reduces the infection by killing the bacteria.
Sulbactam belongs to the class of drugs called beta-lactamase antibiotics. This drug acts by inhibiting the action of beta-lactamase enzyme produced by the bacteria and enhancing the anti-bacterial spectrum against certain bacteria.
How to administer MEROTEC XP Injection ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
MEROTEC XP Injection is available as an injection. Therefore, it should be administered as an intravenous injection under the medical supervision.
If you miss a dose of MEROTEC XP Injection , please consult the doctor immediately.
What are the drugs that interact with MEROTEC XP Injection ?
Drugs that interact with MEROTEC XP Injection include the following:
- Divalproex sodium
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of MEROTEC XP Injection ?
The following are the most common side effects of MEROTEC XP Injection :
- Abdominal pain
- Sores in the mouth
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Urinary retention
- Unusual bleeding
- Irregular heartbeat
- Swelling of face or throat
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while receiving MEROTEC XP Injection ?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to MEROTEC XP Injection or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol while receiving MEROTEC XP Injection .
- Avoid MEROTEC XP Injection during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is unknown.
- Be cautious while receiving MEROTEC XP Injection if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
What should you tell your doctor before receiving MEROTEC XP Injection ?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver, kidney or heart diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about MEROTEC XP Injection
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking MEROTEC XP Injection ?
- Is it safe to receive BCG vaccine while using MEROTEC XP Injection ?
- Does the use of MEROTEC XP Injection interfere with any of the laboratory tests?
Complete blood picture and liver function test must be regularly monitored while using MEROTEC XP Injection .
No. It is not safe to receive BCG vaccine while using MEROTEC XP Injection . Consult your doctor before using the drug.
MEROTEC XP Injection may cause falsely-elevated liver function tests, elevated blood urea nitrogen and urinary creatinine.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.