MERIGENTA 80mg Injection 2ml
By Mercury Laboratories Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
(Max Rs.125) Extra Rs.50 cashback for Amazon Prime members. T&C Apply.
What is MERIGENTA 80mg Injection used for?
MERIGENTA 80mg Injection injection is used for the treatment of severe bacterial infections caused due toP. aeruginosa, Proteusspecies,E.Coli, Klebsiella-Enterobacter-Serratiaspecies,Citrobacterspecies andStaphylococcusspecies.
MERIGENTA 80mg Injection eye drops/ointment is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of eyes or eyelids. MERIGENTA 80mg Injection ear drops is used for the treatment of ear infections such as otitis media or otitis externa.
MERIGENTA 80mg Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does MERIGENTA 80mg Injection work?
MERIGENTA 80mg Injection is a broad-spectrum aminoglycoside antibiotic. It is effective against both the gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria. It acts by inhibiting the synthesis of essential proteins for the bacterial growth.
How to use MERIGENTA 80mg Injection ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use MERIGENTA 80mg Injection as prescribed by your doctor.
MERIGENTA 80mg Injection medicine is available in the form of eye drops, ear drops, cream, and injection. Read the instructions and the directions to use on the leaflet provided along with the medicine.
If you miss a dose of MERIGENTA 80mg Injection , please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with MERIGENTA 80mg Injection ?
Drugs that interact with MERIGENTA 80mg Injection eye/ear drops include the following:
- Amphotericin B
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of MERIGENTA 80mg Injection ?
The following are the most common side effects of MERIGENTA 80mg Injection eye drops:
- Redness of eye
- Blurred vision
- Burning or stinging sensation in the eye
The following are the most common side effects of MERIGENTA 80mg Injection ear drops:
- Hearing loss
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions MERIGENTA 80mg Injection ?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to MERIGENTA 80mg Injection or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Suddenly discontinuing the medication may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Do not use the medicine if its colour changes, turns cloudy, or if it contains particulate matter.
- Avoid MERIGENTA 80mg Injection during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
What should you tell your doctor before using MERIGENTA 80mg Injection ?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of eye/ear disorder or eye/ear surgery.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about MERIGENTA 80mg Injection
- Can I stop taking MERIGENTA 80mg Injection if the symptoms subside?
- How long can I take MERIGENTA 80mg Injection ?
- What are the other formulations of MERIGENTA 80mg Injection available?
- How should MERIGENTA 80mg Injection be stored?
- I am on MERIGENTA 80mg Injection for conjunctivitis. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
No. It is important to complete the prescribed dose of MERIGENTA 80mg Injection medicine unless instructed by your doctor. Discontinuing the drug suddenly may cause the infection to reoccur.
Use MERIGENTA 80mg Injection as advised by the doctor. It is prescribed for not more than 7 to 10 days.
Apart from MERIGENTA 80mg Injection eye drops, cream, ear drops or injection, it is also available in the tablet dosage form.
Store the drug at room temperature and do not freeze. Keep it away from direct sunlight.
No. Use MERIGENTA 80mg Injection medicine for the full course of treatment. Do not discontinue the drug without doctor’s advice as it may cause a secondary infection.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.