What is MELALONG Cream used for?
MELALONG Cream cream is used for the treatment of age spots, liver spots, and sun spots.
MELALONG Cream may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does MELALONG Cream work?
In MELALONG Cream, Mequinol belongs to the class of drugs called skin lightening agents. This drug acts by inhibiting the synthesis of melanin and reducing the skin pigmentation.
Tretinoin belongs to the class of drugs called retinoids. This drug acts by modifying the abnormal follicular keratinization. Tretinoin increases the mitotic activity of follicular epithelial cells and reduces the precursor lesions of acne vulgaris. Thus, it inhibits the formation of acne and dark spots.
How to apply MELALONG Cream?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Apply MELALONG Cream as prescribed by your doctor.
Apply a thin layer of cream on the affected area and rub it gently. Make sure that the area being treated is clean and dry before applying the medication.
The overdose symptoms of MELALONG Cream may include:
- Excessive redness
What are the drugs that interact with MELALONG Cream?
Drugs that interact with MELALONG Cream include the following:
- Benzoyl Peroxide
- Salicylic acid
- Sulfacetamide Sodium
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of MELALONG Cream?
The following are the most common side effects of MELALONG Cream:
- Burning feeling
- Skin irritation
- Unusual warm skin
- Skin rash
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Redness of skin
- Skin peeling
- White patches at the site of application
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using MELALONG Cream?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to MELALONG Cream or similar drugs.
- Avoid accidental contact of MELALONG Cream with eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Do not exceed the dose more than prescribed.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Do not apply MELALONG Cream to the sun-burned skin.
- Do not store MELALONG Cream near an open flame or direct heat.
What should you tell your doctor before using MELALONG Cream?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of skin disorders or allergic reactions.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about MELALONG Cream
- Can I apply cosmetics while using MELALONG Cream?
- Can I take shower one hour after applying MELALONG Cream?
- How should I protect my skin from sunburn while using MELALONG Cream?
- Is it safe to use MELALONG Cream in patients with eczema?
- How to prevent skin dryness that might occur with the use of MELALONG Cream?
You can use cosmetics 30 minutes after the application of MELALONG Cream.
No. Do not shower at least for 6 hours after applying MELALONG Cream.
Apply sunscreen and wear protective clothing to prevent sunburn while using MELALONG Cream.
No. It is not safe to use MELALONG Cream in patients with eczema.
Dryness of skin is the common side effect of MELALONG Cream. Therefore, you must use a moisturiser to keep your skin moist. However, you must consult a doctor if the condition persists.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.