Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
What is MEGABOSE MF 0.2 Tablet used for?
MEGABOSE MF 0.2 Tablet is used to control blood sugar levels in adults with type 2 diabetes.
How does MEGABOSE MF 0.2 Tablet work?
MEGABOSE MF 0.2 Tablet is an anti-diabetic medicine. In MEGABOSE MF 0.2 Tablet, Metformin Hydrochloride works by decreasing the amount of glucose absorbed from food in the intestine and decreases glucose production in the liver.
Voglibose is an alpha glucosidase inhibitor, which is converted to its active form in the small intestine. It inhibits certain enzymes and slows down the digestion of complex sugars, which decreases the blood glucose levels.
How to take MEGABOSE MF 0.2 Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take MEGABOSE MF 0.2 Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the whole tablet. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with food to prevent stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of MEGABOSE MF 0.2 Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with MEGABOSE MF 0.2 Tablet?
Drugs that interact with MEGABOSE MF 0.2 Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of MEGABOSE MF 0.2 Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of MEGABOSE MF 0.2 Tablet:
- Abdominal pain
- Altered taste
- Pale skin
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Respiratory tract infections
- Allergic skin reactions
- Fast heartbeat
- Loss of consciousness
- Profuse sweating
- Trouble breathing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking MEGABOSE MF 0.2 Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to MEGABOSE MF 0.2 Tablet or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on MEGABOSE MF 0.2 Tablet.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of MEGABOSE MF 0.2 Tablet.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while taking MEGABOSE MF 0.2 Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may alter the blood glucose levels.
You are advised not to take MEGABOSE MF 0.2 Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discoloration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking MEGABOSE MF 0.2 Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of irregular heart rate, congestive heart failure, kidney, liver or thyroid problem.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked Questions about MEGABOSE MF 0.2 Tablet:
- Can I use MEGABOSE MF 0.2 Tablet medicine for type 1 diabetes?
- Can I exercise regularly while on MEGABOSE MF 0.2 Tablet?
- How should MEGABOSE MF 0.2 Tablet be stored?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking MEGABOSE MF 0.2 Tablet?
No. MEGABOSE MF 0.2 Tablet medicine is used only for type 2 diabetes.
Yes. Regular exercise along with MEGABOSE MF 0.2 Tablet medication helps in a better maintenance of the glucose levels.
Store MEGABOSE MF 0.2 Tablet at room temperature, away from direct sunlight.
Blood sugar levels and kidney function should be monitored while taking MEGABOSE MF 0.2 Tablet medicine.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.