MEFLOTAS 250mg Tablet 2's
By Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
(Max Rs.125) Extra Rs.50 cashback for Amazon Prime members. T&C Apply.
What is MEFLOTAS 250mg Tablet used for?
MEFLOTAS 250mg Tablet is used for the prevention and treatment of malaria.
MEFLOTAS 250mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does MEFLOTAS 250mg Tablet work?
MEFLOTAS 250mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called anti-malarials. This drug acts by forming toxic complexes with free haemoglobin and interferes with the formation of other plasmodial components. Thus, it prevents the growth of the parasite.
How to take MEFLOTAS 250mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take MEFLOTAS 250mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. You can also crush the tablet and mix with food or liquid. Taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of MEFLOTAS 250mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of MEFLOTAS 250mg Tablet may include:
- Passing out
- Difficulty in breathing
What are the drugs that interact with MEFLOTAS 250mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with MEFLOTAS 250mg Tablet include the following:
- Valproic acid
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of MEFLOTAS 250mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of MEFLOTAS 250mg Tablet:
- Stomach upset
- Loss of appetite
- Muscle pain
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Vision changes
- Unusual tiredness
- Loss of coordination
- Dark-coloured urine
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking MEFLOTAS 250mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to MEFLOTAS 250mg Tablet or similar drugs such as quinidine or quinine.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if the MEFLOTAS 250mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than prescribed
- Be cautious while taking MEFLOTAS 250mg Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to take MEFLOTAS 250mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking MEFLOTAS 250mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney, liver or heart diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about MEFLOTAS 250mg Tablet
- How should MEFLOTAS 250mg Tablet be stored?
- Is it safe to take MEFLOTAS 250mg Tablet in a patient with tuberculosis?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking MEFLOTAS 250mg Tablet?
- What are the contraindications for MEFLOTAS 250mg Tablet?
- Is it safe to receive MMR vaccine while using MEFLOTAS 250mg Tablet?
Store MEFLOTAS 250mg Tablet at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
No. It is not safe to take MEFLOTAS 250mg Tablet in a patient with tuberculosis.
Liver function test, eye examination, and neuropsychiatric status must be regularly monitored while using MEFLOTAS 250mg Tablet.
MEFLOTAS 250mg Tablet is contraindicated in patients with depression, generalized anxiety disorder, psychosis, schizophrenia and other major psychiatric disorders.
You should not receive MMR vaccine or any live vaccine while using MEFLOTAS 250mg Tablet.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.