What is MAXTIB Tablet used for?
MAXTIB Tablet is used for the treatment of oestrogen deficiency and prevention of bone fractures in post-menopausal women.
MAXTIB Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does MAXTIB Tablet work?
MAXTIB Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called synthetic steroids. This drug acts by resembling the activity of female sex hormones, oestrogen and progesterone. It helps to restore the hormonal balance and ease the symptoms.
How to take MAXTIB Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take MAXTIB Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of MAXTIB Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of MAXTIB Tablet may include:
- Vaginal bleeding
You must seek immediate medical attention if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with MAXTIB Tablet?
Drugs that interact with MAXTIB Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of MAXTIB Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of MAXTIB Tablet:
- Stomach pain
- Facial hair growth
- Skin problems
- Changes in vision
- Muscle/joint pain
- Breast pain
- Bleeding from vagina
- Increased vaginal secretions
- Loss of memory
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- High blood pressure
- Severe headache
- Bleeding or spotting
- Changes in your breasts
- Yellow skin or eyes
- Trouble breathing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking MAXTIB Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to MAXTIB Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on MAXTIB Tablet.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
You are advised not to take MAXTIB Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking MAXTIB Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of breast cancer, heart attack or clotting problems.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked questions about MAXTIB Tablet
- Is it safe to take MAXTIB Tablet in case of uterine fibroids?
- Is it safe to continue MAXTIB Tablet if I experience vaginal bleeding?
- Can I take low dose of MAXTIB Tablet medication if I feel better?
- How should MAXTIB Tablet be stored?
Be cautious while taking MAXTIB Tablet medication if you have a history of fibroids in the uterus. Do not take MAXTIB Tablet medicine without medical supervision.
No. Discontinue the use of MAXTIB Tablet medication and consult your doctor immediately as vaginal bleeding is one of the serious side effects of the drug.
No. Altering the dose of MAXTIB Tablet is not advised as it can increase the risk of your side effects. Consult your doctor before changing the dose of MAXTIB Tablet medication.
MAXTIB Tablet should be stored at room temperature, away from sun light and excess moisture. Keep the medication away from the reach of children.