MAXDIL PLUS Eye Drops 5ml
What is MAXDIL PLUS Eye Drops used for?
MAXDIL PLUS Eye Drops is used for the treatment of uveitis. It is also used to widen the pupil of the eye during eye examinations, before and after eye surgery. This combination also relieves symptoms such as eye redness, dryness, burning, and irritation that may occur due to wind, sun, and other irritants.
MAXDIL PLUS Eye Drops may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does MAXDIL PLUS Eye Drops work?
In MAXDIL PLUS Eye Drops, Phenylephrine belongs to the class of drugs called as mydriatics. This drug acts by stimulating alpha receptors and results in vasoconstriction (contraction of the blood vessels).
Tropicamide belongs to the class of drugs called as the anti-cholinergic agents. This drug blocks the muscarinic receptors, which is involved in controlling pupil size and shape of the lens. Thus, it enlarges the pupil of the eye.
How to use MAXDIL PLUS Eye Drops?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use MAXDIL PLUS Eye Drops as prescribed by your doctor.
Instil one or two drops into the conjunctival sac of the eye and close your eyes for at least 10 minutes. Do not allow the container tip to touch the eye or surrounding tissue.
If you miss a dose of MAXDIL PLUS Eye Drops, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with MAXDIL PLUS Eye Drops?
Please consult your doctor for potential drug interactions.
What are the side effects of MAXDIL PLUS Eye Drops?
The following are the most common side effects of MAXDIL PLUS Eye Drops:
- Sensitivity to light
- Burning sensation in the eye
- Eye irritation
- Blurred vision
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using MAXDIL PLUS Eye Drops?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to MAXDIL PLUS Eye Drops or similar drugs.
- Do not use if the ophthalmic solution turns brown or becomes cloudy.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Avoid driving while on MAXDIL PLUS Eye Drops as it may cause temporary blurred vision.
What should you tell your doctor before using MAXDIL PLUS Eye Drops?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of eye disorders such as glaucoma or cataract or if you have undergone any eye surgery.
- Inform the doctor if you are using any other ophthalmic drugs or OTC medications.
Frequently Asked Questions about MAXDIL PLUS Eye Drops
- What are the overdose symptoms of MAXDIL PLUS Eye Drops?
- What are the contraindications of MAXDIL PLUS Eye Drops?
- Does use of MAXDIL PLUS Eye Drops causes vision changes?
- Is it safe to use contact lenses while using MAXDIL PLUS Eye Drops?
Overdose symptoms of MAXDIL PLUS Eye Drops include vision changes and increased sensitivity to light. Consult your doctor if you experience any of the above symptoms.
Contraindications of MAXDIL PLUS Eye Drops include diabetes and wide-angle glaucoma.
You might have a temporary blurred vision after using MAXDIL PLUS Eye Drops.
Do not use contact lenses while using this MAXDIL PLUS Eye Drops. Remove the contact lenses before instilling the eye drops and replace them back after 10 to 15 minutes of using the drug.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.