MAHACEF OZ Tablet 10's
By Mankind Pharma Pvt Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is MAHACEF OZ Tablet used for?
MAHACEF OZ Tablet tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infections.
MAHACEF OZ Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does MAHACEF OZ Tablet work?
In MAHACEF OZ Tablet, Cefixime belongs to the class of drugs called cephalosporin antibiotics. The drug acts by inhibiting the bacterial cell wall synthesis, by binding to certain proteins and causes bacterial cell death. Thus, it reduces bacterial infection.
Ornidazole belongs to the class of drugs called antibiotic. This drug acts by inhibiting protein synthesis, which results in bacterial cell death and reduces the infection.
How to take MAHACEF OZ Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take MAHACEF OZ Tablet tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of MAHACEF OZ Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with MAHACEF OZ Tablet?
Drugs that interact with MAHACEF OZ Tablet are:
- Cholera vaccine
- Typhoid vaccine
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of MAHACEF OZ Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of MAHACEF OZ Tablet:
- Abdominal pain
- Muscle pain/weakness
- Skin rash
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Dark urine
- Unusual tiredness
- Change in the amount of urine
- Blood/mucous in stool
- Difficulty breathing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking MAHACEF OZ Tablet?
- Do not stop taking the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of MAHACEF OZ Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if MAHACEF OZ Tablet causes dizziness.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to take MAHACEF OZ Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking MAHACEF OZ Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you become pregnant while taking MAHACEF OZ Tablet.
- Inform the doctor if you have any history of allergic reaction with the usage of MAHACEF OZ Tablet
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplement
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing medical conditions, such as seizures and kidney diseases.
Frequently Asked questions about MAHACEF OZ Tablet
- Is it safe to alter the dose of MAHACEF OZ Tablet?
- Is nausea a side effect with MAHACEF OZ Tablet?
- Can I recommend MAHACEF OZ Tablet to others?
It is not advisable to alter the prescribed dose. Consult your doctor for dose-related queries.
Yes. Nausea is one of the common side effects of MAHACEF OZ Tablet. However, consult your physician if it is severe.
It is not advisable to recommend drugs to others as the severity of the condition and medical history is not same for every individual.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.