- Lab Tests
- Health Corner
MAGNADERM contains a medicine called clotrimazole which belongs to the group of medicines called azole antifungal agents. It is indicated for the treatment and prevention of fungal skin infections such as athlete’s foot, tinea cruris, ringworm, tinea versicolor, diaper rash and fungal sweat rash. It helps to soothe the irritated skin and protects your skin from chafing and rash. It is highly useful in areas wherever excess perspiration of exudates need absorption.
Clotrimazole acts by blocking the biosynthesis of fungal ergosterol which leads to the disruption of fungal cell membrane and inhibition of fungal growth. This medicine is for external use only. Your doctor will decide the duration of the therapy depending upon the type of the infection. Do not stop using this medicine abruptly without consulting your doctor as it may leads to recurrence of the infection.
Along with the treatment, try to keep the infected area clean by washing it daily. Try not to share your towels and bathmats with other people, as it could prevent the spread of infection. In case of having athlete’s foot, always try to keep your feet and toes dry. Always wash your socks and tights thoroughly in hot water. If possible, change your footwear daily. Although you may feel itching in the infected area, avoid scratching vigorously as it may damage your skin and cause the infection to spread further.
MAGNADERM is generally safe and well tolerated. However, it may cause application site redness, swelling, itching and burning in some individuals. They are usually mild and temporary and vanishes with therapy. This medicine should be used with caution in pregnant or breastfeeding women and in children under 18 years of age. Consult your doctor before taking.
Clotrimazole exerts its antifungal activity by inhibiting the biosynthesis of ergosterol, an essential constituent of fungal cell membrane which helps to keep the fungal cell intact and directly promotes its growth. Inhibition of ergosterol biosynthesis damages the fungal cell integrity and leads to the inhibition of fungal growth.
Use this medicine as directed by your physician. It is for external use only. Wash the affected area thoroughly and pat it dry. Dab the required amount of powder on the affected areas. Do not cover the treated areas. Your doctor will decide the duration of therapy for you depending upon the severity of your condition. Avoid contact of this medicine with your eyes. If contact happens, rinse it thoroughly with water. Continue to use this medicine, as long as your doctor tells you to do so, to obtain better results.
Application site reactions:
Avoid hot showers because hot water can irritate the skin. Do not use perfumed soaps or vaginal deodorants. Do not rub or scratch the affected area. Use sunscreen and protective clothing when outdoors. Wear cotton underwear and loose-fitting clothes and change your sanitary protection regularly. Regularly use moisturizers to soothe and hydrate the affected area. If the symptoms still persist, contact your doctor.
MAGNADERM should be used with caution in pregnant women. Consult your doctor before taking.
MAGNADERM should be used with caution in breastfeeding women. Consult your doctor before taking.
Do not use this medicine if you are allergic to clotrimazole or any other antifungal medicine.
This medicine should be used with caution in children and adolescents under 18 years of age. Consult your doctor before taking.
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you use, including non-prescription and prescription medicines, and herbal supplements.
|Pharmacological Category||:||Imidazole derivative, Antifungal agent|
|Therapeutic Indication||:||Fungal skin infection|
|Dosage Forms||:||Vaginal tablet, Cream, Gel, Topical solution, Lotion, Dusting powder, Throat lozenges, Ear drops, Mouth paint, Soap|
Can MAGNADERM be used in babies?
Yes. This medicine can be used in babies to treat diaper rash. However, consult your doctor before application.
Can MAGNADERM be used to treat pimples?
No. This medicine is only used to treat fungal skin infections such as athlete’s foot, ringworm, fungal nappy rash, fungal sweat rash and thrush.
Can I stop using MAGNADERM suddenly?
No. Do not stop using this medicine abruptly without consulting your doctor as it may leads to recurrence of the infection.
1. KD. Tripathi. Antifungal Drugs. Essentials of medical pharmacology. Seventh edition. 2013. Page – 792.
2. John E. Bennett. Antifungal agents. Goodman & Gilman’s: The Pharmacological basics of Therapeutics. 12th Edition. New York McGraw Hill Medical 2011. Page – 1587.
3. Gerald G. Briggs and Roger K. Freeman. A reference guide to fetal and neonatal risk: Drugs in Pregnancy and Lactation. Tenth Edition. 2015. Page – 895-897.
4. Rasthawathana Desomchoke, Sumanas Bunyaratavej, Charussri Leeyaphan, Nuntida Prasertworonun, Chuda Rujitharanawong, Lalita Matthapan, Penvadee Pattanaprichakul. Efficacy and Safety in 1% Clotrimazole Powder, Adjuvant Therapy in Patients with Superficial Fungal Cutaneous Infection in Intertriginous Areas. NIH National Library of Medicine, National center for biotechnology information. Pubmed.gov. December 2016. [Accessed 20th January 2021] https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29953171/
5. P. Ongsri, Sumanas Bunyaratavej, Mahidol University, C. Leeyaphan, Penvadee Pattanaprichakul and Mahidol University. Efficacy of antifungal cream versus powder in the treatment of fungal foot skin infection and unpleasant foot odor at medical department of thai naval rating school. ResearchGate. March 2018. [Accessed 20th January 2021] https://www.researchgate.net/publication/328572585_Efficacy_of_antifungal_cream_versus_powder_in_the_treatment_of_fungal_foot_skin_infection_and_unpleasant_foot_odor_at_medical_department_of_thai_naval_rating_school
6. Palsons Derma Pvt Ltd. KANSEL Dusting powder. Palsonsderma.com. [Accessed 20th January 2021] https://www.palsonsderma.com/kansel-dusting-powder
7. Hetero healthcare limited. IMIDIL DUSTING POWDER. Heterohealthcare.com. Accessed 20th January 2021] https://www.heterohealthcare.com/imidil-dusting-powder
Additional Discount on this product
Please get a call back from our expert
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.