MADOPAR 250mg Tablet 10's
By Abbott Health Care Solutions Pvt Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is MADOPAR 250mg Tablet used for?
MADOPAR 250mg Tablet tablet is used for the treatment of Parkinson’s disease.
MADOPAR 250mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does MADOPAR 250mg Tablet work?
In MADOPAR 250mg Tablet, Benserazide belongs to the class of drugs called DOPA decarboxylase inhibitor. The drug acts by inhibiting the conversion of Levodopa to dopamine before reaching the brain, thereby reducing the symptoms of Parkinsonism.
Levodopa belongs to the class of drugs called dopamine precursors (antiparkinsonian drugs). The drug acts by replacing dopamine by converting itself to dopamine in the brain, thereby reducing the extrapyramidal symptoms such as muscle contraction and bradykinesia.
How to take MADOPAR 250mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take MADOPAR 250mg Tablet tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of MADOPAR 250mg Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of MADOPAR 250mg Tablet include the following:
- Abnormal involuntary movements
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with MADOPAR 250mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with MADOPAR 250mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of MADOPAR 250mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of MADOPAR 250mg Tablet:
- Loss of appetite
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Unusual dreams
- Dark urine
- Chest pain
- Trouble breathing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking MADOPAR 250mg Tablet?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to MADOPAR 250mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of MADOPAR 250mg Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if MADOPAR 250mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid MADOPAR 250mg Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop taking the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
You are advised not to take MADOPAR 250mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking MADOPAR 250mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about MADOPAR 250mg Tablet
- Can I undergo Coomb’s test while taking MADOPAR 250mg Tablet?
- Is it safe to take MADOPAR 250mg Tablet in glaucoma patients?
- Should I undergo any laboratory tests while taking MADOPAR 250mg Tablet?
No. It is advised not to undergo Coomb’s test while taking MADOPAR 250mg Tablet, as it alters the test results.
No. It is advised not to take MADOPAR 250mg Tablet in glaucoma patients, as it worsens the condition.
Yes. It is advised to undergo, complete blood picture, liver function test and kidney function test while taking MADOPAR 250mg Tablet.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.