MACVESTIN 500mg Tablet 10's
By Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is MACVESTIN 500mg Tablet used for?
MACVESTIN 500mg Tablet is used to relieve joint pain, alleviate joint discomfort, improve mobility of the joint and enhance flexibility.
MACVESTIN 500mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does MACVESTIN 500mg Tablet work?
MACVESTIN 500mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called anti-inflammatory agents. This drug acts by inhibiting the enzymes that cause inflammation, which relieves the pain and stiffness of the joints.
How to take MACVESTIN 500mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take MACVESTIN 500mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of MACVESTIN 500mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with MACVESTIN 500mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with MACVESTIN 500mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of MACVESTIN 500mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of MACVESTIN 500mg Tablet:
- Abdominal pain
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking MACVESTIN 500mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to MACVESTIN 500mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on MACVESTIN 500mg Tablet medication.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol while taking MACVESTIN 500mg Tablet medicine.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if MACVESTIN 500mg Tablet medication causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Consult your doctor before using MACVESTIN 500mg Tablet medication during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
You are advised not to take MACVESTIN 500mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking MACVESTIN 500mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to sulfur compounds.
Frequently Asked questions about MACVESTIN 500mg Tablet
- Can I increase the dose of MACVESTIN 500mg Tablet medication for faster recovery?
- How should MACVESTIN 500mg Tablet be stored?
- Is MACVESTIN 500mg Tablet safe to use in geriatric patients?
- Is it common to experience skin discolouration while on MACVESTIN 500mg Tablet medication?
No. It is not advised to alter the dose of MACVESTIN 500mg Tablet medication nor take it more frequently as it can increase the risk of side effects.
MACVESTIN 500mg Tablet should be stored at room temperature, away from heat, sun light, and excess moisture. Keep the medication away from the reach of children.
Consult your doctor before using MACVESTIN 500mg Tablet medication in geriatric patients as they are easily susceptible to the side effects.
Yellowing of skin or eyes are the primary signs of jaundice, which is one of the adverse effects of MACVESTIN 500mg Tablet. Therefore, consult your doctor immediately if you experience these symptoms.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.