What is LUPIFLEX 4mg Tablet used for?
LUPIFLEX 4mg Tablet is used for the treatment of dorsal pain and low back pain. It is also recommended in the treatment of torticollis and degenerative vertebral disorders.
LUPIFLEX 4mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does LUPIFLEX 4mg Tablet work?
In LUPIFLEX 4mg Tablet, Ketoprofen belongs to the class of drugs called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). Prostaglandins are the hormone-like substances, which causes inflammation and pain. Ketoprofen acts by reducing the levels of prostaglandins. Thus, it decreases pain and swelling.
Thiocolchicoside belongs to the class of drugs called as muscle relaxants. This drug acts by antagonizing the activity of certain receptors in the brain (GABA and glycine receptor). Thus, it relieves muscle stiffness and spasm.
How to take LUPIFLEX 4mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take LUPIFLEX 4mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the whole tablet. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
The overdose symptoms of LUPIFLEX 4mg Tablet include the following:
- Shallow breath
- Discomfort in chest
What are the drugs that interact with LUPIFLEX 4mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with LUPIFLEX 4mg Tablet include the following:
- Sodium Bisphosphate
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of LUPIFLEX 4mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of LUPIFLEX 4mg Tablet:
- Abdominal pain
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Peptic ulcer
- Stomach bleeding
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions LUPIFLEX 4mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to LUPIFLEX 4mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of LUPIFLEX 4mg Tablet.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on LUPIFLEX 4mg Tablet.
- Be cautious while taking LUPIFLEX 4mg Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed the dose more than prescribed.
You are advised not to take LUPIFLEX 4mg Tablet if:
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking LUPIFLEX 4mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver, kidney, or lung diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked Questions about LUPIFLEX 4mg Tablet
- Is it safe to use LUPIFLEX 4mg Tablet in patients with heart disease?
- How long can I take LUPIFLEX 4mg Tablet?
- Is it safe to use LUPIFLEX 4mg Tablet in peptic ulcer patients?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while taking LUPIFLEX 4mg Tablet?
Use of LUPIFLEX 4mg Tablet should be avoided by the patients with heart disease, as it may increase the risk of stroke.
The duration of the treatment depends on the severity of your condition. However, use of LUPIFLEX 4mg Tablet for long-term may increase the risk of stomach bleeding and kidney problems.
No. It is not safe to use LUPIFLEX 4mg Tablet, as this drug worsens the condition of peptic ulcer.
Follow a regular diet while taking LUPIFLEX 4mg Tablet unless any special dietary instructions are suggested by the doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.