What is LUPENOX 20mg Injection used for?
LUPENOX 20mg Injection injection is used for the prevention and treatment of the blood clots.
LUPENOX 20mg Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does LUPENOX 20mg Injection work?
LUPENOX 20mg Injection belongs to the class of drugs called anti-coagulants. The drug acts by inhibiting certain blood clotting factors, thereby reducing the formation of the clot and allowing the free flow of blood. Thus, it helps in treating the blood clots.
How to administer LUPENOX 20mg Injection ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Administer LUPENOX 20mg Injection injection as prescribed by your doctor.
LUPENOX 20mg Injection Injection should be administered only under medical supervision.
If you miss a dose of LUPENOX 20mg Injection , please consult the doctor immediately.
The overdose symptoms of LUPENOX 20mg Injection include the following:
- Excessive bleeding
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with LUPENOX 20mg Injection ?
Drugs that interact with LUPENOX 20mg Injection include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of LUPENOX 20mg Injection ?
The following are the most common side effects of LUPENOX 20mg Injection :
- Mild irritation
- Redness at the site of injection
- Pain at the site of injection
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Severe weakness
- Severe headache
- Unusual dizziness
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while receiving LUPENOX 20mg Injection ?
- Avoid receiving the medicine if you are allergic to LUPENOX 20mg Injection or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of LUPENOX 20mg Injection .
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if LUPENOX 20mg Injection causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid LUPENOX 20mg Injection during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Be cautious while using LUPENOX 20mg Injection in elderly patients.
You are advised not to receive LUPENOX 20mg Injection if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.