What is LOTEL LS Gel used for?
LOTEL LS Gel is used to reduce the swelling, redness, and pain in the eye.
LOTEL LS Gel may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does LOTEL LS Gel work?
LOTEL LS Gel belongs to the class of drugs called ophthalmic corticosteroids. This drug acts by inhibiting the inflammation by inducing the production of lipocortin, which controls the inflammatory activity of prostaglandins and leukotrienes. Thus, it helps in reducing the inflammation.
How to use LOTEL LS Gel?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use LOTEL LS Gel as prescribed by your doctor.
Instill LOTEL LS Gel eye drops into the conjunctival sac of the eye. Before using the medication, read the instructions provided on the leaflet along with the medicine.
What are the drugs that interact with LOTEL LS Gel?
Smallpox vaccine is known to interact with LOTEL LS Gel. Consult your doctor for potential drug interactions.
What are the side effects of LOTEL LS Gel?
The following are the most common side effects of LOTEL LS Gel:
- Eye discomfort or pain
- Dry eyes
- Watery eye
- Burning sensation when medicine is applied
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Blurred vision
- Redness of eye
- Swelling of eye
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using LOTEL LS Gel?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to LOTEL LS Gel or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if LOTEL LS Gel causes blurred vision.
- Do not stop using LOTEL LS Gel medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor.
What should you tell your doctor before using LOTEL LS Gel?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of ocular infections, glaucoma, or ocular toxicities.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked questions about LOTEL LS Gel
- Is it safe to alter the dose of LOTEL LS Gel?
- How should LOTEL LS Gel be stored?
- How long can I use LOTEL LS Gel?
- Should I be monitored for any parameters while on LOTEL LS Gel?
- Is it safe to use LOTEL LS Gel for a prolonged duration?
No, altering the dose of LOTEL LS Gel is not advised.
LOTEL LS Gel is stored at controlled room temperature (15 – 25OC). Do not freeze.
It is advised to use LOTEL LS Gel for the prescribed duration. Please consult your doctor if you have to discontinue LOTEL LS Gel medication.
It is advised to monitor intraocular pressure if LOTEL LS Gel is prescribed for more than 10 days.
No, prolonged use of LOTEL LS Gel may result in glaucoma.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.