LOTEGATE Eye Drops 5ml
By Ajanta Pharma Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is LOTEGATE Eye Drops used for?
LOTEGATE Eye Drops ophthalmic solution is used for the treatment of bacterial infections and allergic conditions of the eye. It is also used for the treatment of superficial punctate keratitis, iritis, and cyclitis.
LOTEGATE Eye Drops may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does LOTEGATE Eye Drops work?
LOTEGATE Eye Drops medicine is a combination of an antibiotic and an ophthalmic corticosteroid. Gatifloxacin inhibits DNA replication in bacteria. Thus, preventing the bacterial replication.
Loteprednol inhibits the production of inflammatory mediators such as prostaglandin and leukotrienes. Thus, the drug helps in relieving pain, redness, and itching at the site of infection by preventing the activity of inflammatory mediators.
How to use LOTEGATE Eye Drops?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use LOTEGATE Eye Drops medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
LOTEGATE Eye Drops medicine is available in the form of eye drops or ophthalmic solution. Read the instructions and the directions to use on the leaflet provided along with the medicine.
If you miss a dose of LOTEGATE Eye Drops, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with LOTEGATE Eye Drops?
Consult your doctor for potential drug interactions.
What are the side effects of LOTEGATE Eye Drops?
The following are the most common side effects of LOTEGATE Eye Drops:
- Blurred vision
- Dry and watery eyes
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Allergic reaction
- Skin scar
- Eye discharge
- Redness and swelling of the eye
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions LOTEGATE Eye Drops?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to LOTEGATE Eye Drops or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery while using LOTEGATE Eye Drops as it causes blurred vision.
- Do not wear contact lenses while using LOTEGATE Eye Drops
- Avoid caffeine while using LOTEGATE Eye Drops.
- Avoid LOTEGATE Eye Drops medicine during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Suddenly discontinuing the medication may cause the illness to return.
You are advised not to take LOTEGATE Eye Drops if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking LOTEGATE Eye Drops?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of any eye disorders such as glaucoma or eye surgery.
- Inform the doctor if you are using any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked questions about LOTEGATE Eye Drops
- Can I take other medications while on LOTEGATE Eye Drops?
- How long can I take LOTEGATE Eye Drops?
- How should LOTEGATE Eye Drops be stored?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of the LOTEGATE Eye Drops?
- What are the other formulations of G atifloxacin + Loteprednol combination?
It is important to consult your doctor before taking any other drug with LOTEGATE Eye Drops, because certain combination of drugs may cause serious side effects that worsen the condition.
LOTEGATE Eye Drops should not be used for more than 10 days. Consult your doctor before you stop the medicine.
Store LOTEGATE Eye Drops eye drops at room temperature and do not freeze it.
No. Do not alter the recommended dose. Consult your doctor if you are having any problem with the dosage prescribed.
LOTEGATE Eye Drops medicine is available in the form of eye drops and ophthalmic solution.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.